View Full Version : Whatever happens to all the Pocket PCs that...

od1
10-13-2004, 02:49 AM
:idea: Whatever happens to all the Pocket PCs that pocketpcthoughts.com reviews? Obviously they don't buy each new device just so that they can review it. Are they sold somewhere?

Ryan Joseph
10-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Review units are typically sent back to the manufacturer once thevreview is complete.

I don't know what's done with them after that...perhaps they're sold as refurbished units? :?:

JvanEkris
10-13-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm a reviewer on another site. As a reviewer you generally have to send them back. Sometimes you can make a deal, but it is very rare.

Generally they have 4 or 5 units for reviewers, and a long waiting list. These devices are sent back and forth a twenty to fourty times. They do become scratched, worn out and above all abused (hence the nicely attached CD with pictures before the device looked like it was dropped from a skyscraper). Especially when you are near the end of the waiting list you get something that looks remarkably similar to duck-tape. I guess they end up in a box at the marketing department to be used when they go on road-shows and have demonstrations. I know some of these devices end up in the hands of the support desk, to help them understand their products better......

Jaap