View Full Version : GPS?

od1
10-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Just wondering if there are GPS/navigational systems available for the iPAQ; specifically the h1940. Anyone...?

od1
10-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Replying to yourself doesn't make u a loser. :mrgreen: I found a relevant previous post in the forums that answered my question. The only reason I'm not deleting this thread is incase anyone else is wondering...

Previous thread:

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:43 pm Post subject: GPS x iPaq 1940

wtadeu

Hello,

I'm planning to travel from CT to AR next month and I was considering to buy a GPS to help me on the road, but some doubts came up (I have an Ipaq 1940):
1-Which GPS interface is better: Bluetooth or SDIO? And about brands?
2-Since I'll travel through PA, OH, KY, TN, AR, should I buy a memory card?
3-I have read some reviews and some users have bought only the GPS receiver, not the whole navigation package. Any opinions?

Thank you all!

REPLIED:

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:11 pm Post subject:

Pat Logsdon

1 - Bluetooth is better. As far as I know, there's only one SDIO GPS card, and it's not very good. Besides, using bluetooth means your SD slot is free for memory.

2 - Yes, you'll need to buy a memory card. The program I'd recommend (Routis 2004 ) uses 54 mb just for Southern California. The states you'll be travelling through will have less data, so you should be fine with a 256mb SD card.

3 - The only thing you need is a GPS unit, and software for your 1940 - that's it.

EDIT: If you subscribe to this site, you can get $40 off a really excellent bundle here. The iGuidance software is exactly the same as Routis, and that GPS unit is very good.