View Full Version : V35 troubles!

GoghUA
10-12-2004, 02:42 PM
I have had my V35 since the beginning. I bought it around December of 2002, it was the first shipment that my local CompUSA had gotten. Anyway, I have really enjoyed it and have never had any problems out of it until now.

I left it charging/synching on it's cradle, and when I came back to the computer a few hours later it was shut down. It would not power back up until I did a hard reset. I got everything re-installed and got it back up and running, but again when I left it and came back, it had shut down completly again. I also have a USB cable in addition to my standard cradle so I tried it with the USB cable, this produced the same result.

I do not know what to do?!? My first thoughts was that this is a battery issue, but since it was on the charger when this happened, that doesn't seem to make much sense.

I have not contacted Viewsonic about this issue, but I don't see them doing very much. It is no longer under warranty and they didn't even offer the PPC 2003 upgrade to the early adopters. :evil:

Anyway, I mainly use it for Microsoft Money and the calendar functionality. I noticed that they go used on eBay for about a quarter of what I originally paid... :? I don't really see the need in upgrading as this one did everything I needed it to do, I may just be picking up a used one.

Any ideas or suggestions?

jhmurray
11-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Its been a while, hope you have it fixed. I have a v36 and installed Epocrates freeware, my v36 did about the same thing, I also got a frozen screen on a warm reset. I loaded each program back on and check the unit after each. There must be a violent conflict with this program.

John