View Full Version : Re: New iMate PDA2K ordered from Overseas Electronics Chicago Il

dgrilli
10-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just ordered an i-mate PDA2K from these guys at about 1:30pm on Monday, October 12, and already got a confirmation from UPS that it will be delivered to my door Tuesday October 13.

They will match price from expansys USA. I tried all morning to get a hold of expansys and left messages, I though they were closed, so I ordered through Overseas Electronics Chicago, Il.

I will let you guys know how the i-Mate PDA2K works and what I thougt about it. Suposedly it is the English version and they say i-Mate is the one to get for having any type of service and warranty. We will see?

Wish our carriers would get this but lets face it they must think were a bunch of idiots to try to push the HP 6315 on us that is so under powered and hamstrung.

Here is the Overseas Electronics Web site tell them Dave from Az sent ya.

http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/I%20Mate/POCKETPC_PDA2K.HTML

dgrilli
10-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Yes it arrived the next day on the 13th at 10:30am from the UPS man. Opened it up and charged this baby up. Got all the settings up and running for Email and internet working fine.

MMS was another story with T-Mobile. after some several hours and several calls to tier II tech support Everything was working perfectly by noon on wednesday 14.

This thing is do fast and snappy cuts through faster than any PDA I have ever used. I wonder why T-Mobile did not offer this here in the States after all they have the MDA III with the German Rom in it ( No You cant' reflash it to english that I know of yet) If you want the English version get the i-Mate PDA2K its for here.

I can't say enough about this device it has the raw power to do what I want it to do. 128megs of ram is awesome.

Yes it costs a bit but you know I used my first HTC Pocket PC Phone for 2 and a half years and really liked it with some bugs but overall I would not have traded to a regular cell phone.

This machine will eat dedicated PDA's for Breakfast. I don't know what these companys have in mind pushing their junk on us here in the States.

It's Unlocked and any Sim will work.

I'm very pleased and this things has the works.

Wojo
10-17-2004, 10:28 PM
I have to agree. I received my PDA2k last week and I love it. I owned an HP 6315 and I would recommend the PDA2k over any currently available PPC PE. This device has been rock solid. If you're looking for a converged device and are willing to bite the $900.00 bullet then this is the device for you.

Wojo

BTW-I'm another David from AZ... :-)

gregkeene
10-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I have to agree. I received my PDA2k last week and I love it. I owned an HP 6315 and I would recommend the PDA2k over any currently available PPC PE. This device has been rock solid. If you're looking for a converged device and are willing to bite the $900.00 bullet then this is the device for you.

Wojo

BTW-I'm another David from AZ... :-)

Wojo, what's battery life like? How does it compare to the h6315?

Thanks,

Greg

Wojo
10-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Wojo, what's battery life like? How does it compare to the h6315?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

I'll have to let you know on Tuesday evening. I have a full schedule Monday and Tuesday that will determine how well the battery holds up. So far it's been great.

Wojo

dgrilli
10-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Yes Wojo I had a little difficulty getting the information on how to set up picture sending through MMS.

I had a pretty easy time setting up the internet and email that wasn't bad.

But the setting for MMS is a little Vague.

I use T-Mobile with mine and all services work great and I'am very pleased that I have purchased this i-Mate PDA2K

nickp
10-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Yes Wojo I had a little difficulty getting the information on how to set up picture sending through MMS.

I use T-Mobile with mine and all services work great and I'am very pleased that I have purchased this i-Mate PDA2K

Can one of you folks please post the T-Mobile settings for your PDA2K units.

Thanks !!

Wojo
10-19-2004, 02:57 AM

Thanks !!

What settings are you needing?

nickp
10-19-2004, 01:17 PM

Thanks !!

What settings are you needing?

The SMS and MMS settings please.

Thanks .........