View Full Version : Does Netfront support suck?

dochall
10-11-2004, 11:22 PM
New 4705 - vga - want a decent browser. Look at netfront - don't even get to download it (no trial version of the vga version they put out :( ).

I notice they have a bbs for support. - great company that supports it's users - let's have a look at that.

The most common answer seems to be:
Hi,

We provide a three month support for full version purchasers.
Please read Support Policy and just fill in an inquiry form enclosed in the product and send an email to the attached address.

Regards,
Customer support

??? Including to a guy who had an e800 and has just bought a 4705. An answer I'd quite like to know.

so i started reading the board a bit more.

As James Capraro stated below, we are getting (have gotten) the PPC2003 upgrade for our Verizon Samsung i700s. You've stated that 3.1 for 2002 will NOT run on a WME2003 and there is NO upgrade offer for your 3.1 for 2003. Are you really suggesting that we pay again for the 2003 version? <snip>

doesn't seem like a sensible policy to which the reply

Hi,

On this Samsungi700 upgrades request, there is no an upgrade offer from NetFront 3.1 for Pocket PC 2002 to Pocket PC 2003.

Thank you for understanding our policy.

Regards,
Customer support

I'm starting to think that understanding their policy is pretty twisted. So upgrade the OS to get the same functionality you don't need to upgrade you need to buy the whole damn thing again. Arrrgh!!!!!!!!

Now maybe I'm being harsh, maybe their are some english issues (as presumably their support staff aren't native english speakers), maybe I've been spoiled by people like Alex Kac, but this mode of support seems to be to use an English phrase a right 'pile of pants'.

Certainly 5 minues looking at their BBS has persuaded me not even to bother downloading the trial. I don't think I'll be the only one. NetFront is supposed to be a good product but with the attitude shown on the board I wouldn't touch with it a barge pole.

Now the question is am I being unreasonable?

christak
10-11-2004, 11:33 PM
I own Netfront 3.1 and use it on my 2210... It is decent software, but the support is nonexistent...

...and no, you're not being unreasonable.

:(