View Full Version : 4150 Wireless problems !

dibbs26
10-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi,
I have been trying for hours to get this sorted but to no avail.
We have a Netgear wireless router (DG834G) and it connects fine with our laptop. When i try to get the ipaq connected to the router it shows an id of 2wire172, nothing at all to do with NETGEAR. Any help re this and also setting up my 4150 would be greatly received.

cheers
p

gregh2000
10-16-2004, 09:10 AM
you sure that is your ap? like maybe hitting the neighbors or something? i have a 4155 and it works fine everytime. maybe use your laptop to check the ap name and be sure it is the right one?

StickyPenguin
10-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32879)

Same problem just different model Netgear router - have a look at Steve and Sven's advice.

dibbs26
10-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi,
Many thanks for the replys guys. When I accessed the router I had SSID as off, so I turned it on. I then rebooted the 4150 and it picked up my router.....no mention of the 2wire172 network....whos ever it is it has great coverage.
One thing that did worry me was that when it came to the authentication page the field looked as if it had been filled in.......I have security enabled on the router. Anybody else find this?
Thanks
Peter :?

gridmaster
10-20-2004, 07:37 PM
***This may sound Exteme***

You may wanna try backing up your data on your pda...... and....... doing a Hard Reset.

I know sounds extreme but it seems like your settings on your WLAN are good.

Didn't read all the replies, thought i would throw this out there in the mix :evil:

** One more thing I have an IPAQ 4150 :wink:

Zoot
10-22-2004, 02:39 PM
don't reset, you don't need to.

Hiding the SSID means the iPAQ will have problems to connect for a first time. You've unhidden it and you got further - good.

The default for the iPAQ is to have The Key is provided for me automatically already ticked with a WEP connection - remove the tick and then enter your ASCII WEP key and select 1-4 depending on which it is.

It should then connect.

dibbs26
10-27-2004, 04:21 PM
cheers guys.........all sorted......thanks a bunch :wink: