View Full Version : VGA theme problems :-(

mr_Ray
10-10-2004, 07:38 PM
I've got a new Loox720 and have problems with VGA themes. After using an image app to set the wallpaper, VGA themes only render the top left 1/4 of the wallpaper stretched to full screen.

I've swapped themes around, reloaded them, poked around in the registry, and can't find any way to get things fixed without a hard reset.

Anyone got any idea what I need to do to get things back to normal?

jgrnt1
10-11-2004, 05:09 AM
I believe some VGA themes are for VGA capable devices which are running in normal mode. These have hi res images sized to fit between the full size top and bottom bar. The included themes are like this. Other VGA themes are for VGA PPC's running in true VGA mode with a registry hack like SE_VGA. The image is larger, because the top and bottom bars are only half the height of normal mode. If you use one of these themes in normal mode, it will display as you described.

mr_Ray
10-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Nah, I'm not using anything like SE_VGA. The themes are standard VGA themes and were working correctly before the photo app screwed it up. Everything was normal sized, no hacks, just theme wallpapers rendering incorrectly.

After a few hours looking through the registry, etc. I gave up and did a hard reset and everything is working correctly again. Very confusing.

Oh well, I'm back to my daily backup routine now so if it screws up again it won't be much of a hassle.