View Full Version : IR port won't talk to my IR keyboard. How many ways to turn off IR beam?

STW
10-07-2004, 07:50 AM
IR beam won't turn off on my hp1945. When I tap on the keyboard line on the input options, I get a screen saying the keyboard needs the IR port so IR beam has to be turned off. Sends me to the Beam settings page to uncheck the IR beam, but it's already off, and whatever I do there, the keyboard driver keeps giving me this IR beam screen.

Tried soft resets. Tried uninstall, reinstall the keyboard driver. Nothing works. Is there something else that ties up the IR port I could turn off? The keyboard and driver used to work fine. Recently installed Avantgo, which I hadn't had before on this unit or with the keyboard--could Avantgo be interfering with the beam/IR?

Thanks[/u]

phs
10-08-2004, 07:10 AM
What IR keyboard are you using, if its Citipack its trash.

STW
10-08-2004, 04:26 PM
What IR keyboard are you using, if its Citipack its trash.

Pocketop folding keyboard

Driver was working fine last week. I did install software, a couple calculators and Avantgo, but nothing that ties up the IR port.

Thanks

shah
10-09-2004, 11:37 PM
pokettop keyboards the best the drivers are the worst. Did you pay $10 for it..?

As far as i can tell you may need to re-install the driver. BUT in order to do that you will need to HARD RESET. an uninstall or soft reset does not take away certain files that i has installed, so a hard reset is the only way.

Then reinstall the driver.

For anyone esle there with a pocket top after many months i have a driver that works for any units from 5550 to 19xx and i think it also works for the toshiba and dells..!