View Full Version : e400 and Lexar SD card

mush
10-06-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm having an interesting SD card problem: the device can see the card and read the card, but it keeps telling me "a device attached to the system is not responding" when I try to write anything *to* the card.

For instance: I have WisBar Advance skins on the SD card, and WisBar can read the card and display skins from it.

For instance: I have eBooks on the card, but MS Reader *can't* see them, and Mobipocket *can*.

For instance: my Memory control panel can query the SD card and tell me what the used/free details are.

I've soft-reset the device a few times, but having just gotten the e400 last week I haven't had the heart to hard reset it yet.

Any advice? Should I try to reinitialize the card, or do you suppose the card's just hashed?

Thanks!

Ir0nman
10-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Have you tried the SD card in a usb card reader on your desktop PC? That is the quickest way to find out if it is a problem with the card. I would also check if you have the write lock enabled. I have never had a card with write lock, but that sounds like it could possible be the cause.
Hope this helps,
-Ir0nman