View Full Version : Reg hack to move Internet Temp files

nitestrike
10-05-2004, 08:52 AM
I've found a couple of references to editing the registry to move the Internet Temp Files folder to a Storage Card. But they appear to be for older versions of CE/PPC/Windows Mobile. Does anyone know if that can still be done and if so where to get the information. I've checked here and several other sites.

Darius Wey
10-05-2004, 10:20 AM
I posted my version of what I believe to be a registry hack for doing this on the newer devices. I'm not 100% sure if it is compatible with your device, but give it a shot.

You can find it on a previously discussed thread which I have linked here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31690&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10).

Hopefully that helps you out, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

nitestrike
10-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Worked like a charm, that was really driving me really buggy. Plus now I have quite a few megs more free in memory. Have also moved AventGo.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Darius Wey
10-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Worked like a charm, that was really driving me really buggy. Plus now I have quite a few megs more free in memory. Have also moved AventGo.

Anyway thanks again for the help.

No problem. Thanks for keeping me posted on whether it worked or not. Because I really had no idea whether it would work for everyone else. :D

nitestrike
10-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Just went in and saw that it now has all three folders are directly in the windows folder. I'm going to try and store them on ROM. I think the Storage Card drivers are not being loaded before it looks for those folders.

nitestrike
10-05-2004, 12:07 PM
That worked, looks like on iPAQ 3900 with the WM2K3 upgrade the SD Card is not initialized before the OS tries to initialize the PIE Folders. So to recap putting them in the iPAQ File Store seems to have worked. I will monitor it for the next few days to make sure it was not just a fluke.

nitestrike
10-08-2004, 08:11 AM
Looks to be everything is still working great, no new folders in the windows folder.