View Full Version : Avantgo: local movie times? local TV schedules? What's left on Avantgo?

STW
10-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Used to have an avantgo yahoo movies channel that gave local movie schedules, and an avantgo channel that could provide TV schedule for a particular zip code. Any thing like that still available on avantgo? Can't find it in there channels list.

For the time being I need to get my web content to the hp1945 using only activesync, so am I stuck with avantgo or is there another service that can give movie/tv schedules?

Looks like now on avantgo there are only movie schedules for a couple dozen particular cities/counties, and it looks like all the TV avantgo channels are just news and features, not schedules.

Retruning to Avantgo after a couple years away from it, and it seems like there's a lot missing. Did a search on some thoughts discussion and maybe a lot of channels have been dropped. :(

--Mitch

disconnected
10-05-2004, 02:36 AM
I use PTVL for TV listings -- http://ptvl.thumbsupsoft.com/
I think it's free now.

For movie listings, the only thing I know of is Vindigo, if they have your city. I think it's about twenty-five dollars a year. They have restaurants, museums, shopping, etc. as well as movies.

Jon Westfall
10-05-2004, 04:45 AM
I still have the Yahoo! channel on my account, so I'm assuming its there, just buried somewhere.

nitestrike
10-05-2004, 09:07 AM
It looks like you customize Yahoo with an ID and then sync the channel below. There is also an others "also subscribe to" list on the page,

https://my.avantgo.com/browse/search/0/1625/?q=Yahoo

Kati Compton
10-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Last time this came up (and you may want to search with "movie listings" as the search term and "Kati Compton" as the poster, I talked about how I had found a WAP page through Yahoo (using the desktop browser). By bookmarking it as a "Mobile Favorite", it would sync to the PDA, and so you could get movie times without needing to go through Avantgo.

STW
10-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the ideas. Sounds like a couple of ways to get yahoo movies to sync, and PTVL looks good as a tv schedule.
--Mitch