View Full Version : ActiveSync with Bluetooth

kyrkesmith
10-04-2004, 10:42 PM
I've had the most ridiculous experience trying to get my rx3715 to sync over Bluetooth. I purchased a Belkin dongle for my desktop, and installed it before the PDA arrived. Just about everything went wrong, and it didn't work. The COM port was higher than 9, so ActiveSync couldn't see it, the Bluetooth control panel thing disappeared, etc., etc.

However, a System Restore fixed this...sort of. Problem is, I still just can't quite get it to work.

The error now is when I try to set up the ActiveSync connection on the Pocket PC:
"Service Discovery was unsuccessful."

I've got some sort of Bluetooth connection between the PC and the PDA, as they can see each other, and are paired.

I'm running XP Service Pack 2. Any suggestions?

Sven Johannsen
10-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Yea, one. Google for the instructions to run the Belkin adapter under it's own drivers rather than the MS BT drivers included with SP2. Works much better, I just don't have the instructions here with me. It's not hard though. Amounts to getting to the device properties, selecting update driver and pointing to the Belkin CD, pretty much. Gives you much more control over your BT profiles.

kyrkesmith
10-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Well, I've finally got it working! I think it was in fact an issue with the COM ports (still) although I'm not sure. I think it was caused by the wrong COM port being selected in ActiveSync on the desktop (outgoing instead on incoming?), because the outgoing had, until now, been the only one in the drop down menu. Hmm...