View Full Version : Who else is using PPX3k?

thepro8
10-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Any one else using PPX on their pocket pc. That program is pretty sweet! they need to streamline it a bit so there is a touch less delay on the 400mhz processors, but it's still an awesome program. If you don't know it is a program that allows you to skin your today screen. it can be found at www.ppx3k.com

Stephen Beesley
10-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Any one else using PPX on their pocket pc. That program is pretty sweet! they need to streamline it a bit so there is a touch less delay on the 400mhz processors, but it's still an awesome program. If you don't know it is a program that allows you to skin your today screen. it can be found at www.ppx3k.com

Tried this one out a couple of times and have been following its development, but it is just too big and complicated for what I need. No matter what today screen replacements I have tried on my PPCs to date (including Dashboard, some of software that provide multiple today screens and some of the animated theme programs) I always end up back with the original today screen. I guess I just like the cleaner look

Darius Wey
10-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I always end up back with the original today screen. I guess I just like the cleaner look

Same here. I've tried many UI modding programs and the only one I have managed to keep on my Pocket PC is WisBar Advance, and even then, sometimes I like to go back to the default interface just for its crisp and cleaner look.

Stephen Beesley
10-06-2004, 03:34 PM
I always end up back with the original today screen. I guess I just like the cleaner look

Same here. I've tried many UI modding programs and the only one I have managed to keep on my Pocket PC is WisBar Advance, and even then, sometimes I like to go back to the default interface just for its crisp and cleaner look.

Ditto - I really like Juni's WBA skins, and god only knows how he gets such crisp buttons etc, but at the moment I am back to running WBA emulating the standard buttons. Maybe the original MS designers did know what they were doing.......

Nah....... :D

sracer
10-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Even if you like a "one page" Today screen.... there are still some very excellent reasons for using PPX.

- more screen space to place plug-ins
- Pixel control over placement of plug-ins
- customize text color for each plug-in
- Can drop in new background images without having to create .tsk
- includes the functionality of WISBar/ICBar

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/9940/todayplus-01.jpg

Stephen Beesley
10-08-2004, 02:41 PM
...includes the functionality of WISBar/ICBar

But can it handle the Notifications feature of the Title bar? I know this is one of the big things that was the cause of much code writing in WBA2 development. That is a functionality that I would really miss.

sracer
10-08-2004, 03:25 PM
[quote=sracer]...includes the functionality of WISBar/ICBarquote]

But can it handle the Notifications feature of the Title bar? I know this is one of the big things that was the cause of much code writing in WBA2 development. That is a functionality that I would really miss.
I'll have to check on that. I know that the demo doesn't include support for it, I'm not sure about the stable alpha code. The latest alpha is rock solid and has so many new features that it wouldn't surprise me if it DID have that support.

Stephen Beesley
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
I'll have to check on that. I know that the demo doesn't include support for it, I'm not sure about the stable alpha code. The latest alpha is rock solid and has so many new features that it wouldn't surprise me if it DID have that support.

If it does then that would be very interesting.

Your today screen image is a good advertisement for the program!