View Full Version : Palm Users Upset About New T5

jbachandouris
10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Today PalmOne released their much anticipated T5. There are already 117+ posts already and most are negative. They seem to want to come over to the 'dark side.'

A new Palm with a plastic case, no cradle, no WiFi, no removeable battery, no voice recorder---all for $399 :? The only thing it has going for it is 256MB and flash RAM. Other than that, an overpriced dud. What a shame...competition breeds innovation. :(

Darius Wey
10-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Another reason why innovation lies in the heart of the Pocket PC.

There are too many good Pocket PC devices out now...it makes my head spin. :P

Stephen Beesley
10-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Today PalmOne released their much anticipated T5. There are already 117+ posts already and most are negative. They seem to want to come over to the 'dark side.'

A new Palm with a plastic case, no cradle, no WiFi, no removeable battery, no voice recorder---all for $399 :? The only thing it has going for it is 256MB and flash RAM. Other than that, an overpriced dud. What a shame...competition breeds innovation. :(

I must admit that when I first read a short news item about the new T5 I was fairly interested, but after reading the story on Brighthand - they can keep it!

outdoor
10-04-2004, 03:33 PM
http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7193

wow. would you look at all the rants. I'm glad i switched over a year ago. I thought palm1 would offer something more to the palm community, but what the company is doing is releasing similar products over and over again with stupid innovation. USB flash drive?? yeah its useful but why would i pay another 399 for a T/E + a 128 usb disk? I think alot of people would rather dump the extra memory for wifi, or maybe a better OS.

way to go, PocketPCs, way to go. :D

jnajera
10-04-2004, 04:14 PM
The T5 is garbage, they are going to bury themselves. No dual wireless, removable battery or cradle 8O Almost sounds like a bad joke.

Kowalski
10-04-2004, 05:00 PM
who's pda is this?
this is not a pda baby, this is palm
who's palm is this?
palm1's baby
who's palm1?
palm1 is dead baby, palm1 is dead!