View Full Version : WiFi sync with notebook

Trimac20
10-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Haven't posted for a LONG time (at least three months) so it's good to be back and see what's going on. In the meantime, I didn't realise hp realised basically a whole new range of ppcs. Anyway...

My sister recently purchased a notebook pc with built-in WiFi. I have an hp 4350 which also has, as you know, WiFi. For now if I want to sync it to the laptop I have to connect via usb, but I was wondering if it is possible to create a WiFi network with just the Pocket PC and notebook and sync them that way so that whenever the notebook is connected to the internet the pocket pc will also be connected. Since we've only got stodgy dial-up we don't get the luxury of Wi-Fi. Whenever you turn on the Wi-Fi feature on the notebook, an error message saying, 'Could not connect to Wireless network'. How exactly do I configure it to connect to just a single WiFi device (if it is possible) rather than a WLAN? Thanks alot.

victore
10-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Trimac20, you'll want to search this forum for the term "ad hoc". A "ad hoc" network does not require a access point (AP).