View Full Version : Which device for me?

exsilio
10-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Hey all,

Well I have given up on the hope of an all inone device /phone/da type thingamabob. They are getting closer, but there is always a tradeoff. I think the Treo does things the best, but I am not crazy about the PalmOS.

Anyways...I already have a dinky little phone, so I am set there.

What I need is a device for tracking homework, calendar items and the ability to store a dictionary for reference...and one that perhaps allows me to edit a word document if need be.

Wireless would be nice, but is not a must have. The smaller the device the better. And I really don't see how Bluetooth is necessary for my needs either.

I don't care about MP3 or MPEG playback. I don't watch video on the go and I have an iPod for my music. Maybe one day all of this will be tightly integrated, but all these tradeoffs syck at the moment.

Bottomline: I need a reliable, fast, small device for managing my academic and personal life. Wireless would be nice, but not a must have.

Thanks in advanced for any advice you can offer.

Palmguy
10-01-2004, 11:04 PM
An iPAQ 4150, in my not so humble opinion, would be great for you.

exsilio
10-01-2004, 11:57 PM
You sir, are quite wise!

I got tired of waiting..did some research, went out and picked up the HP H4155. I just got home with the box and now I am going to fire it up.

Any tips for a n00b?

I also found some great homework tracking software over at Handango I will try. The cost for the iPaq was a bit steep, but considering what I spent on books and classes this quarter, it's in line...and tax deductable. ;)