View Full Version : Any way to bypass programs in Startup from running?

victore
10-01-2004, 09:05 AM
I copied a program to my e800's startup group and now when I reset my device, it keeps it from booting up correctly. Does anyone know of a way to keep the program from the startup group from running?

Stephen Beesley
10-01-2004, 09:53 AM
I copied a program to my e800's startup group and now when I reset my device, it keeps it from booting up correctly. Does anyone know of a way to keep the program from the startup group from running?

In many (but not all) cases like this it could be happening because the program installation has copied a shortcut into the startup group of the program menu. If you use file explorer to find that shortcut (windows/start menu/start up) and delete it then the problem should be solved.

Alternatively, depending on the program (which btw is probably a good time to ask which program it is you are having problems with :D ) you may find that it has an option to stop it starting at start up.

victore
10-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm aware that programs or shortcuts in the startup group run each time the device is reset, I was hoping for a way to disable the programs during a reset. Kinda like holding down the shift key as Windows boots up will keep programs from the startup group from running on your PC. Is there a way to do this for my Windows Mobile.

zilla31
10-01-2004, 06:18 PM
if i'm not mistaken i think memmaid will let you control this?

Kati Compton
10-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Right, but it sounds to me like he can't get the PPC booted to *start* memmaid or anything like that.

victore
03-29-2005, 06:56 AM
true, i was hoping there would something similar to holding the shift key when you boot into windows so as to bypass programs in your startup group.