View Full Version : Overclocking a Samsung Processor?

bob1919a
10-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Hey Everyone,

I recently bought a rx3110 Pocket PC from BestBuy (I got it REAL cheap, only 260 $, because it was a "open-box" which really wasn't "opened" AND I had a 10% off cuopon AND I had a bunch of Reward Zone thingies):twisted: . To tell you the truth, I really have not been impressed with the performance at all. Movies have terrible FPS, and it has NO multi-processing capabilites (I MUST close every program before opening the next). So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a overclocking software which overclocks this "Samsung" 300 MHz processor. I'm 80% going to return it to BestBuy anyways, even though I got an awesome deal (it retails for 350$ FYI). It's rediculous. My 1910 a few years back (yes, 1910, not 1945) performed MUCH better than this. Thanks for any responses.

-Robert

Darius Wey
10-01-2004, 03:06 AM
Apparently, WM2003SE on the lower to mid-end range of HP's new generation of devices fails to deliver as good a performance that HP's previous generation of devices running WM2003 would give.

There are some overclocking software packages out there although I'm not 100% sure they will be compatible with the Samsung processor. The Samsung processors are usually regarded as ARM/XScale so you could always give it a shot although I can't guarantee that it will work, or that your device won't "blow up". :P

bob1919a
10-01-2004, 04:24 PM
I tried Speed Stepper, it didn't work. What do you think MIGHT work?