View Full Version : Anyone tried out the new Dell Axim x30 (624MHz)?

americaneagle
09-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Can anyone tell me about their experience with the Dell Axim X30 624MHz? I want to know if it's worth buying the. HP price for 624MHz is rediculous!

JustinGTP
09-29-2004, 11:11 PM
the HP price for 624MHz is rediculous!

What made you decide that the HP HX4705's price is ridiculous? If you are talking about the 4705, then you are not comparing apples with apples. The 4705 is a completely different machine from the X30, including VGA, touchpad, dual-wireless, memory, etc.

-Justin.

JongJungBu
09-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Well, I really like my X30 High. Picked it up during a promotion + small business discount resulting in less than $300. Quite a deal for what you get. It's not VGA and uses SD (if you're a CF-only person), but dual Wifi+BT is good to go. Plus, I get up to 27ish FPS in PocketQuake portrait mode so I can actually play it for real :P

Your best bet is to compare the actual hardware specifications and price. THEN read the reviews, and accept them for what they are (written by humans and therefore can't help but have some bias).

Then decide what is most important for you. For myself, it was speed and price. VGA wasn't very high on my list or CF as well as a few other things.

JJB

mrkablooey
09-30-2004, 01:09 AM
DO IT! DO IT!

:way to go:

i_spock
09-30-2004, 03:25 AM
I've had my X30 high for about 6-8 weeks now and I'm glad I made the move from the HP 2215. It's probably the most stable PPC I've owned- I rarely have to soft reset. Even after I would do a hard reset and rebuild of my 2215 it seemed like I had to soft reset several times a day.

I don't really miss the CF slot much. The only thing I used it for other than WiFi was for the iBIZ pocket radio. I replaced that with a cheapo FM walkman-type radio and I only use that at the gym anyway.

Built-in WiFi is soooo nice, and landscape mode is nice to have also. I do find that the square shape of the X30 does take some getting used to though. The corner tends to dig into my palm and gets noticeable after a while. My Sena case (which is awesome) helps with that a bit.

Overall I'm really happy with the switch but I'm still keeping my eye out for X50...

americaneagle
09-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the comment guys.... I do have a question for you Axim users, what do you think about brightness of the display? Is it good?