View Full Version : Logitech, HP Building Bluetooth Stereo Headset Solution

Janak Parekh
09-29-2004, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=3442' target='_blank'>http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.a...?ContentId=3442</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Logitech has announced it will provide HP iPAQ Bluetooth Stereo Headphones for HP iPAQ Pocket PCs. A standalone iPAQ accessory, the HP iPAQ Bluetooth Stereo Headphones are expected to begin shipping this fall and will be available in retail stores. With the HP iPAQ Bluetooth Stereo Headphones and a Bluetooth enabled HP iPAQ Pocket PC, consumers will be able to listen to music, watch and listen to movies, and listen to other audio clips on their iPAQ without any cords tying them to their player."</i><br /><br />Engadget has a <a href="http://www.engadget.com/entry/5215545121265312/">good pic</a> from the press event last week. I tried it with the hx4700 and the quality was pretty good -- not perfect, but it's very cool that HP will be offering this. The question is what devices it'll be compatible with -- obviously it'll work with the hx4700, but I don't know if other HP devices will have full support for the profile that it needs for stereo (headset/handsfree isn't enough, since those are mono). We'll have to wait for the official HP product page to confirm compatibility.

rmasinag
09-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Give give!....... It should dang well work wit th 2200 series or else they will lock out a huge segment :)

maximus
09-29-2004, 01:24 AM
The size is too big for my taste.

The canalphone version will be nice.

compkid2005
09-29-2004, 01:26 AM
I really hope it works with the 2200 series devices! I'd buy it in an instant. If a device is mono, and not stereo, can a software upgrade (should HP provide one) resolve this or is it the hardware?

jngold_me
09-29-2004, 01:47 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if HP says that they will only work with the latest crop of PPC's and "older gen" devices will not be upgradeable. :roll:

Dolphin
09-29-2004, 02:39 AM
I hope it works on my new rx3700! Actually, I would be happy if it would just support any kind of headset... even mono for listening to voice memos!

Unfortunately, my rx3700 doesn't even support bluetooth dialing from contacts... its missing drivers!

szamot
09-29-2004, 02:56 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if HP says that they will only work with the latest crop of PPC's and "older gen" devices will not be upgradeable. :roll:

...and they will most likely sell for like $149, and another $49 for BT patch for the "older devices" to make it work.

huangzhinong
09-29-2004, 03:36 AM
I don't know this one, but the first stereo bluetooth headset($299.99) only work with bt v1.2 devices.

Dolphin
09-29-2004, 03:43 AM
I don't know this one, but the first stereo bluetooth headset($299.99) only work with bt v1.2 devices.

What headset was that?

rmasinag
09-29-2004, 06:32 AM
What headset was that?

THe Korean one, the first one BT headset. Plus it only worked with its adapter that plugs into the headphone jack :cry: . But at least it worked even with non BT devices. I think they were touting it to work with iPods (or any device with a headphone jack for that matter) when I first saw it.

I don't mind the $150 price tag(which I estimate for being a pioneering toy), as long I'm not required to buy an adapter. :evil:

I commute by bus, I've been waiting for the day to lose my wires so I can completely look insane now, since I hava a BT phone headset too. :D

yorkslad
09-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Will be available this fall...judging by the way HP release their products we'll be lucky to see it before Xmas. HP really need to get their act together when it comes to "releasing" products and making them available on the shelf, coupled with their latest Jornadesq iPAQ's if there not careful people will flock to other competitors like Dell. 0X

gmusser
09-30-2004, 03:48 PM
THe Korean one, the first one BT headset. Plus it only worked with its adapter that plugs into the headphone jack :cry: . But at least it worked even with non BT devices. I think they were touting it to work with iPods (or any device with a headphone jack for that matter) when I first saw it.

I don't mind the $150 price tag(which I estimate for being a pioneering toy), as long I'm not required to buy an adapter. :evil:

I commute by bus, I've been waiting for the day to lose my wires so I can completely look insane now, since I hava a BT phone headset too. :D

I have these headphones (i-Phono or BT420) so let me clarify. They work *without* an adapter in mono mode, which is fine for phone calls and any other non-music audio. I use them to listen to streaming BBC World Service news. The adapter gives you stereo and better frequency response. It's not such as unwieldy as it might seem at first glance -- certainly no reason to shed tears. I just plug it in and throw it in my backpack as I walk to work.

George

JPack
10-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Some more info on the headphones:

- 8 hour battery life
- 3.1 oz, 88 g
- volume up/down, play/pause, power on/off, track forward/back buttons