View Full Version : HP warrantee service

STW
09-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Just got my 1945 back in a 3 business day turnaround. They replaced the main system board. The Today screen looks different so they may have upgraded the software, but the version id looks the same.

They appear to have removed the screen protector--necessary to getting at the system board probably?

Glad to have it back but I'm surprised at how much bigger my 3650 screen seems, even after looking at it for only a few days. It's only a little bit larger than the 1945, but I found I really noticed.

--Mitch

ADBrown
09-28-2004, 09:29 PM
You mean... you mean you actually have to let go of your Pocket PC to get warranty service? 8O Whenever I have a problem Dell gives me a brand new unit, advance replacement, shipped overnight. 8)

STW
09-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Cool...how often do you have problems?

--Mitch

ADBrown
09-29-2004, 04:23 AM
Cool...how often do you have problems?

--Mitch

Not very often. As a matter of fact, I've had my X30 since the day it came out, but I've never needed to have it replaced. I've replaced my X3i once, again dating back to its release, and my X5 from December 2002 has been replaced twice. Really, it's the sort of thing you almost never need, but when you do need it it's nice to have it. Dell will also cover almost any kind of damage. Still, 3 business days isn't bad.