View Full Version : SanDisk 512MB Ultra II Secure Digital Memory Card for 6315 ?????

q-live
09-28-2004, 06:50 AM
i notice this card is WAY MORE EXPESIVE than a regular 512...... is there a big difference in speed or anything else that will be worth the big price difference?????

jeisner
09-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Personally I have found the STANDARD sandisk cards to be VERY slow (actually the slowest of just over half a dozen cards I have tried) there are plenty of other brands of cards though with similar speeds to the Sandisk Ultras that cost less, shop around....

P.S. What are you using it for, even the slowest cards (standard sandisk imho) may still be OK depending on what you actually use the card for, ie playing MP3s won't matter. Loading large games you may notice the difference (i did)....

WARNING: I am a little biast against Sandisk as I said I found them slow and have had two cards fail within 4 months of purchase, of course that said they were replaced by the retailer as 5 year warranty!!!!

Paladin27
09-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I have a Sandisk Ultra II 512MB SD card in my h6315 right now actually. :) I can't say that it really feels all that much faster than my regular 256MB Sandisk card.. but maybe a little. I will say that it copies data at least 4 times faster from my computer using my USB2.0 SD Card reader though. I can fill my 256MB in about 8 or 9 minutes, but I can fill this 512MB in about 4 or 5 minutes!

OSUKid7
09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
AFAIK, the bus speeds on Pocket PCs limit transmission to slower than a standard SD card. Cameras can take advantage of the faster Ultra II speeds, but at this time, Pocket PCs can't.