View Full Version : active sync backup

tekkie
09-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I dropped my IPAQ 3870 and wiped out the memory but I use active sync backup to backup the contents to my PC every morning. When I connect to my PC now, the first thing it does is asks me if I want to create a partnership. What's the best way to go about getting the backup I have saved on the PC put back onto the IPAQ now that it's wiped clean?

baker
09-28-2004, 03:37 AM
1 Connect your device. If the Partnership Wizard is started, close the wizard and connect as a guest.
2 If your device does not automatically exit programs as needed, exit any open programs on your device.
3 On the Tools menu, click Backup/Restore, and then click the Restore tab.
4 Click Restore Now. Do not use your device until the restore process is complete.

Note If you are connected as a guest, click Restore Now, and then select the partnership you want to restore.

Steven Cedrone
09-28-2004, 05:02 PM
If you get errors make sure you set your regional settings to what they were before...

Steve

tekkie
09-29-2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks baker and Steve - everything's been restored and I'm breathing again. :D

baker
09-29-2004, 03:12 AM
tekkie-
Glad to hear it. A PPC is contagious or something like that as it grows on you and you start relying on it. Things just aren't the same when the rascal is sick. Just like my kids.