View Full Version : Warranty exchange experience

Thinkingmandavid
09-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Here is the story,
Last year I purchased a Toshiba e355 from Best Buy. It was an open item so I was able to get it for 129.99 and I purchased the Product Replacement Plan with it.

Over a month ago it began acting up; it would hard reset on its own, would not recognize any handwriting when I used notes, and would freeze up right after a hard or soft reset.

I took it to Best Buy to be replaced but they sent it off for repairs. Two weeks later I called and I was told it was on the way, and another week later I called again and I was told it had been "junked" and "to come in and we will give you another one". Of course I went in to get another ppc but the problem being of coure what BEst Buy has in stock and what I had. I know my e355 was not the greatest of them all but it was certainly meeting my needs, the usual stuff that I will not list here.
Anyway, Best Buy said my e355 was comparable to the HP 1715-my complaint with that is it only has 25 megs!!! Mine at least had 64megs and I used the majority of that space. I would attempt to leave around 15 megs open for "just in case".

I attmepted to get another model wiht BT, Wi-Fi, and of course more ram (56). Best Buy was not willing to give me that in exchange which I can understand, but neither were they willing to take a percentage off since I was not getting the same that I paid for but actually getting less. I took the 1715 because I did not have $221 to spare to "upgrade". The GM was no help and just said Iwas getting a new one compared to an open item one. That just added to it,and I ended up waiting 3 hours for them to locate one to have it sent to the store, just to go by and it did not get there on its delivery date, but I waited two more days.

I have a 1715 now, I am thankful to have a ppc back in my hands considering I missed a few appointments with out it. I am glad that I did not have to spend money out of my own pocket to get it replaced, but I am not happy with the outcome of the Product Replacement Plan. The good news is that I am using it and I got a "free" replacement, bad news is the loss of memory.

MY plans are to buy a keyboard since it is universal with the majority of the HP's.

I am just wondering everyones thoughts on it.