View Full Version : CompactFlash Radio Card for Pocket PC?

strongbad6565
09-26-2004, 05:36 AM
I'm looking for a CF radio card with the following features:
+ AM and FM, both
+ Auto-scan/memory (presets)
+ You can plug headphones into it and listen that way, or you can listen to it through the Pocket PC speakers

Does anyone know of a CF radio card that meets all of those criteria? If not, then some company really needs to make one of those things! I'd pay a pretty healthy sum of money for one of those! Thanks for any help/ideas you have.

Janak Parekh
09-26-2004, 05:56 AM
None of the ones I've seen have AM. :(

--janak

hockeydude
09-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Dont waste your time or money on any CF Radio Card......they are a big waste. I bought one from Circuit City and it was a peice of junk! It could barely get my local radio station which is only a mile from my house!

ironguy
09-27-2004, 07:03 PM
I bought a CF M radio and reception is miserable. By yourself a little AM/FM radio instead. It will probably be cheaper and work better.

Don Tolson
09-28-2004, 10:48 PM
IBiz and a couple of others have FM only CF Radio cards. The IBiz one works pretty well. (I did a review of it a year or so ago here on PPCT).

None of the cards I've seen have AM, and none play through the PPC speakers. They all seem to have the same engineering, so I suspect the only difference is who is packaging and selling it.

I got one so I wouldn't have to carry around yet another thing in my gadget bag, but the others are right -- It's a better investment to get yourself a small AM/FM radio.

strongbad6565
09-30-2004, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the input - guess I won't be getting a CF radio card after all if their reception really is that bad, and they can't get AM, and you can't listen to it through the PPC speakers. Think I'll just get a little AM/FM radio if I really want to carry one around with me wherever I go. Thanks again!