View Full Version : something unknown constantly trying to connect!

zilla31
09-25-2004, 12:25 AM
i have a problem on my 4155 that's really annoying me. some application (i have no idea what and it's none of the obvious choices) is constantly (like every 5 minutes) trying to connect to the internet and waking up my ppc. it's killing my batteries on top of just being plain super annoying (have to dismiss the dialogue constantly). is there any way to track down which application is doing this? i don't have wi-fi running (thus the cannot connect diologue), or an ISP set up, and i've checked the obvious programs i have that have options to update themselves... i *think* it might be pocket outlook but both my accounts in there def have the check for mail box unchecked...

help!!!

szamot
09-25-2004, 03:02 AM
I don't know if this will help or not, however my 5450 sometimes has the same issue, particurally after I disconnect WiFi. Even though the WiFi is disconnected the PPC insists on telling me that it is still trying to connect and is unable to obtain an IP address. I just soft reset the device and the nag goes away. Worth a try.

Darius Wey
09-25-2004, 08:41 AM
zilla31, it would help if you could please list all the software applications you have installed on the device...it will be easier for us to narrow all the options down and hopefully pinpoint the cause of the problem.

mrkablooey
09-25-2004, 02:32 PM
JournalBar is a big culprit for this.
Anything else that needs to get new info from the internet can also be a problem.... but I'd look for JournalBar "Connection Manager" first.

adv
09-25-2004, 07:04 PM
it might be internet explorer.

try this:
you will have to connect to the internet with pie and then make sure that you close pie before you disconnect from the internet. otherwise it will repeatedly try and connect.

-a

zilla31
09-26-2004, 03:59 PM
i found out what it was - i deleted all my email accounts and it stopped. i assure you NONE of them had automatic checking enabled (i checked that prob 1000 times) but it was still trying to autocheck i guess. i'll put them back in and see what happens.

mrkablooey
09-26-2004, 06:13 PM
glad you got it fixed. :)
I don't sync my mail so never would have thought of that.