View Full Version : Another AS Problem

55Kevy
09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
I have been using a PPC for over 4 years. First a 548 and now a 2215. I have routinely RAS'd in to connect to my company's network and then sync'd with my desktop. This allowed me to travel and get my email without carrying a laptop. I've had hitches and glitches but generally have been able to work things out and stay connected.

I haven't had to travel for the last 2 months. I had a hard drive transplant at the beginning of August and haven't RAS'd since then, although the PPC is cradled every workday. I'm leaving on a cross-country trip all next week and thought I'd just verify that I can still sync ok. So I tried last night from home and lo and behold I get the message "Cannot start communications with the desktop computer". I tried several times with the same result, even after a soft reset. When I arrived at work this a.m. there was no information showing that helped understand the issue.

I tried syncing from a fax machine at work (all our phone lines are digital - oh I'm using a Pretec 56K CF modem) and had the same result. When I cradled the device it wouldn't connect. I had to click 'Get Connected' from the AS panel, which didn't cause a connection but when I uncradled and recradled the device it connected and sync'd. I then tried the fax machine again, with the same results. I know I'm connecting to my network ok, it's just the AS communication that's failing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks

Kevin