View Full Version : Uh... Okay...

Kati Compton
09-24-2004, 07:50 AM
I admit it. It's well past my bedtime. I can't sleep. And now I think I might be hallucinating. Check it out and let me know. :P

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=89&ncid=789&e=10&u=/playbill/20040921/en_playbill/88513

Wiggster
09-24-2004, 08:00 AM
I admit it. It's well past my bedtime. I can't sleep. And now I think I might be hallucinating. Check it out and let me know. :P

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=89&ncid=789&e=10&u=/playbill/20040921/en_playbill/88513

I heard that at work today. I think it's about time Star Wars ripoffs got turned into musicals :roll:

Nah, kidding. It might be worthwhile. We shall see.

dean_shan
09-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Well there is Star Wars the Musicle (http://www.infauxmedia.com/swmusical/STAR_WARS-The_Musical.htm).

rocky_raher
09-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Don't forget "The Little Shop of Horrors." Originally a 1960's Roger Corman "B" sci-fi horror movie (with a short cameo by Jack Nicholson), then a Broadway musical, then a movie musical directed by Frank Oz (with a different ending than the stage version).

Jason Dunn
09-24-2004, 02:39 PM
But how can you emulate cheesy 80's graphics in MUSIC....? 8O

Jason Dunn
09-24-2004, 03:00 PM
But how can you emulate cheesy 80's graphics in MUSIC....? 8O

Wait I just found the answer to my own question: 8 bit music.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3131157/

Aiiiieeee! Run for the hills! 8O

Paragon
09-24-2004, 03:28 PM
So this will be something along the lines of....."Tommy, I'm your father" or "Deaf dumb and blind kid uses the force" :-)

dave

Kati Compton
09-24-2004, 07:41 PM
So this will be something along the lines of....."Tommy, I'm your father" or "Deaf dumb and blind kid uses the force" :-)
Uses the force with such a supple wrist, I believe... ;)

PetiteFlower
09-25-2004, 07:09 PM
I am not going to comment on THAT one at all!

Jeff Rutledge
09-25-2004, 09:23 PM
I always thought the Death Blossom belonged on the stage. :lol:

Kati Compton
09-26-2004, 11:40 PM
I am not going to comment on THAT one at all!

Wasn't intended to be dirty. It's a modified quote from "Pinball Wizard" by The Who, which was in the musical "Tommy" as referred to by the previous poster. ;)

maximus
09-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Ok, while we are on starwars, and off topic, I have this question that has been bothering me when I was a kid.

Light sabers. They can penetrate even the thickest metal, like ship's hull, blast doors, metal cloumns ... how do they attach the handle then ? it should melt instantly upon contact with the light saber, right ?

Or is there something about the force that I missed ?

c38b2
09-27-2004, 01:56 AM
Ok, while we are on starwars, and off topic, I have this question that has been bothering me when I was a kid.

Light sabers. They can penetrate even the thickest metal, like ship's hull, blast doors, metal cloumns ... how do they attach the handle then ? it should melt instantly upon contact with the light saber, right ?

Or is there something about the force that I missed ?
Well this is just theory, but I would assume that it's more of the beam emitter than just the handle - kinda like a flashlight. There's no light emitted anywhere except in the intended direction which inclines me to believe that lightsabers function in much the same way and explains why they don't cut through themselves. But again this is just a theory.

Kati Compton
09-27-2004, 03:15 AM
Ah, but how do they only have a given LENGTH if it's a beam emitter?

Janak Parekh
09-27-2004, 03:21 AM
The "strength" of the beam attenuates as it goes farther, and at a certain point it fails to form at all, so that's the "end"?

(Don't ask me why -- I'm no expert in light physics. ;))

--janak

Jason Dunn
09-27-2004, 05:47 AM

The length, colour, and shape of the beam is controlled by the crystal - duh, ANY Junior Jedi knows THAT! :roll: :lol:

maximus
09-27-2004, 07:00 AM
And I wonder whether the battery of the lightsaber is made from NiMH or Lithium Ion. Hmm.. I bet it is a lithium ion.

mrkablooey
09-28-2004, 12:07 AM
And I wonder whether the battery of the lightsaber is made from NiMH or Lithium Ion. Hmm.. I bet it is a lithium ion.

of COURSE!!

No memory effect!

Now where did i put my keys?

maximus
09-28-2004, 01:39 AM
I am imagining a scene when Dark Sidious is about to engage in a light saber combat with Obiwan :

Dark Sidious : Prepare to die.

Obiwan : Same goes to you buddy.

{both are swinging around their light sabers, looking for a chance to inflict critical blow that will do a 10d8+5 damage, but suddenly Dark Sidious' light saber went off}

Dark Sidious : Dang, I left my Li-ion powerpack at home. I am currently using NiMH pack with very bad memory effect. Can I buy you a coffee or something, while I quick charge this battery ?

rocky_raher
09-28-2004, 03:21 PM
I am imagining a scene when Dark Sidious...

Isn't his name Darth Sidious, IIRC??

Remember in "Spaceballs," Rick Moranis's character was named "Dark Helmet."

I like the Mad Mazazine version of the original lightsaber battle between Vader and Obi Wan, in which Obi Wan's saber was powered by a cord plugged into an AC outlet. He advanced too far from the outlet, and accidently pulled the plug. :-)

maximus
09-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Isn't his name Darth Sidious, IIRC??

My bad :p

I like the Mad Mazazine version of the original lightsaber battle between Vader and Obi Wan, in which Obi Wan's saber was powered by a cord plugged into an AC outlet. He advanced too far from the outlet, and accidently pulled the plug. :-)

Magazine ? :p :D

Ok that is soo funny, so everytime Obiwan is engaging a combat, he has to look for an electrical outlet ? And of course he have a universal adapter, in case he have to use those non standard electrical outlets like those found in european countries ? :mrgreen: