View Full Version : *WARNING - Immature...I mean Mature Content ahead*- For those tough stains you just can't get out....

NeoAxim
09-24-2004, 04:24 AM
Get Mascul-out!
http://angryhamster.com/articles/676.aspx

-the Hamster
http://angryhamster.com/

JustinGTP
09-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Hrmm, you should watch the content that you put up.

This is questionable.

-Justin.

PetiteFlower
09-24-2004, 04:53 AM
It aired on national TV, I don't see how "questionable" it could be. GROSS, yes. But I wouldn't call it "adult" by any stretch of the imagination.

NeoAxim
09-24-2004, 05:01 AM
Yea, I have to agree. It aired on TV, continues to in repeats, and is freely available on the internet. There is zero nudity and no foul language. No worse than anything found in most prime time television nowadays. There are episodes of Friends which are more ''questionable'' than this. If anything, it is thinly veiled adult humor which would be lost on those who wouldn't already have access to such content.

It is so indirect I don't even think the FCC could make up a plausible reason to fine it, although I am sure they would spare no expense, with tax payers money of course, to try if the mood strikes them. But I guess someone could write to Powell and the FCC and see what he says.

Steven Cedrone
09-24-2004, 12:47 PM
It aired on national TV, I don't see how "questionable" it could be. GROSS, yes. But I wouldn't call it "adult" by any stretch of the imagination.

I find it hard to believe that you don't see this as "mature content"...

Yea, I have to agree. It aired on TV, continues to in repeats...

At what time, Midnight? I doubt any youngin's are up to see it...

A simple "Warning: Mature Content" on these posts would satisfy me...

Steve

NeoAxim
09-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Again it is fairly indirect humor the likes of which can EASILY be seen before midnight, as can ''The Man Show itself''. And if you have any doubts that the ''youngin's'' see, hear, read and talk about things that make this pale in comparison you may be a bit of the mark.

But a Warning is a terrific idea and I have no problem at all going ahead and putting one up. Poof – it is done.

Steven Cedrone
09-24-2004, 02:48 PM
And if you have any doubts that the ''youngin's'' see, hear, read and talk about things that make this pale in comparison you may be a bit of the mark.

Well, I don't doubt that there are some that do. Heck maybe even the majority do. Maybe it's time for another "age" poll! :wink:

But a Warning is a terrific idea and I have no problem at all going ahead and putting one up. Poof – it is done.

Thanks. I really don't have a problem with the clips, but without any word on the issue from TPTB, we can err on the side of caution. Anyway, a little warning never hurt anyone...

Steve

Jason Dunn
09-24-2004, 03:42 PM
In general I'd prefer not to see such adult-themed things posted to these forums. It made me laugh, but that's not the point. ;-) And just because it was on late-night TV doesn't mean it's not adult-themed. There are a lot of things on TV that I wouldn't want to see in these forums.

Keep our PG-13 rating in mind and we won't have any problems here. ;-)

tanalasta
09-25-2004, 10:45 AM
In this day and age, I'd say the thread just makes the PG13 cut.

But my comment? If only Bill Clinton had a bottle of protein remover handy a couple of years ago :roll:

Darius Wey
09-25-2004, 06:05 PM
The content is questionable when looking at that fine line that distinguishes those less than 13, and those above 13 years of age.

However, with abundant warnings present in the title, those that get offended by the content accessed it at their own risk. I'm fine with what I see, but those young ones may not be.

All in all however, I laughed - and that's what I'm looking for on a dull night. :lol:

NeoAxim
09-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Well this site is certainly indicative of the general populations opinions on what is considered ''adult content'' and what is not. I don't think there ever will be a clear consensus, especially here in the US where are more uptight about sex and nudity than a good portion of Europe.
It actually makes me laugh to think with everything we are exposed to in this day and age sexual content is still the taboo.

But I don't see opinions changing and if they did I don;t see that swell starting off at this site. ;)

Anyway, another video you guys might want to give a look.

http://angryhamster.com/archive/2004/09/24/693.aspx

Hope you all enjoy.

Darius Wey
09-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Haha! Love that new one you just put up! Keep more of this stuff coming. :D

NeoAxim
09-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Not to go on about the ''mature content'' designation too much, but I always find it to be an interesting topic. I post some jokes/videos/etc...to a few forums. Some, like this one, I have been a long time member and/or lurker and have an avid interest in the subject matter being discussed. Others I found by way of individuals posting items from my website on their boards so I swing by to share some more stuff from time to time.

One of those forums I don't usually frequent but do post to discusses guns, the title of the site has the name of a gun in its name, the discussion is everything related to or about the guns themselves and the use of them. Nice people, nothing against them at all! BUT to give you some perspective I posted the Mascul-Out link on their forums, a GUN FORUM, and they edited the link out for mature content.

A forum that openly discusses guns thought that a Man Show clip that uses no nudity or foul language was too ''racy'' or inappropriate for their readers. See what I mean?!??!

Now admittedly it is all a case of perspective. But it goes to show how different one persons perspective is to another. Anyway carry on....

And glad you liked the paranormal clip Anapod. I don't want to flood these forums with links as some people tend to get upset but if you guys enjoy the occasional clip I would be more than happy to share.

-the Hamster
http://angryhamster.com/

JustinGTP
09-27-2004, 07:51 PM
I think that you are losing yourself in your own debate. Firstly, I think it is amazing that you fail to accept that the first video clip you put up in this forum was considered adult. Seriously, do you think that little kids are watching this type of commercial right now? No, I don't think so.

The second clip, well, that is not adult; however, you continue on about how you think it is fine. This one is fine, there is absolutely no need for you to continue about adult themes. If you do not want a debate, do not put them up.

All I said in the beginning was that you should be careful about posting "questionable" content up. In my view, it was questionable. Also, you have to keep in mind the rating that Jason has put on these forums.

Secondly, how can you compare guns to sexual themes? There is no relation and what that forum decided to do was there business. When you enter the gun forum, you are there for a reason. Where they talking about killing people or animals with them? Probably not. This is similar to Pocket PC Thoughts. When you enter this environment about harmless technology, do you expect to see a post about removing semen stains? I don't think so!

Think about it.

-Justin.

Wiggster
09-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Think about it.

Wise words.

NeoAxim
09-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Great argument - except for the fact I was not really debating anyone. I gave my perception of the clip, in that I did not believe it to be ''adult content'', or better put any worse than a PG-13 rating. As you may have noticed I wasn't the only one that felt that way. A few people commented; some felt it was a bit mature - some did not! Period.
Out of respect for those that did, of which you are a very vocal member, and for the moderators of this forum who did not over react (as some moderators have been known to do, lock the thread, delete my account and order all whom have viewed the clip to claw their own eyes out for ''cleansing purposes''), I added WARNING in very large letters to the subject.

AFTER I DID SO people continued to comment on whether they felt it was adult or not, again with some saying it was, others disagreeing. Nonetheless the WARNING REMAINED and I DID NOT once complain about it.

As an aside I decided to mention my experience with another forum, fully understanding why they may have acted as they did, but giving an example of the way people perceive things may not be the same across the board.

For instance you perceived me to be debating this point, and possibly with you in particular, and I wasn't. Ya see how perception changes things here. I did not complain about the other board removing the link, it was their prerogative as it is their forums and they can do whatever they like. They were very nice about it and I took no offense. I just gave it as an example of what some people some may find mature and others do not.

Whether a gun site talks about ''shooting people or animals'' is inconsequential to those who wouldn’t want their children reading and learning about guns. The fact is their forum, which discusses weapons which could be used top shoot or kill animals is readily available on the very internet which you can view clips such as the one I posted. Some may consider that firearm discussion to be too mature for their kids others may flip out over a Man Show clip. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Again I am not judging. Just highlighting how one could perceive what is out there differently than someone else.

In the end I think you may have taken that a bit too much from the comments here. I never said I didn't want to debate the point, and I never lashed out at those who had a differing view point. It was not a debate, more a discussion. You felt one way, I disagreed. I still do. But I respected those that did not agree and took actions to fix by placing the warning. SO I am not exactly sure what it is that you are going on about.

Like you pointed out its a forum, so if you didn't want someone to comment on your opinion you shouldn't have posted it. I didn't mind that people did but it seems to have gotten you a little worked up.

NeoAxim
09-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Incidentally the clip never uses the word ''semen''. Yet you did. See, now the cat is out of the bag. And here there could of been plenty of unsuspecting 12 years old who saw the commercial that could have thought the clip was about spilling protein shakes.

:wink:

JustinGTP
09-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Yes, I am a vocal member saying that this is adult themed. No, I am not a vocal member of having it removed. I found it funny; I was just keeping in mind that this may or may not have been PG-13.

-Justin.

NeoAxim
09-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Yes, I am a vocal member saying that this is adult themed. No, I am not a vocal member of having it removed. I found it funny; I was just keeping in mind that this may or may not have been PG-13.

-Justin.

Entirely understood.

PetiteFlower
09-28-2004, 08:24 PM
This was definitely PG 13. 13 year olds would get this. 13 year olds have had sex ed and understand bodily functions. There's nothing overtly sexual about it, that's all that it references, bodily functions. It's no more inappropriate then fart jokes. Now I didn't find it particularly funny, but it wasn't offensive either, I just don't much appreciate bodily function humor :)