View Full Version : post-hard reset activesnc hassle

Ratel10mm
09-23-2004, 03:31 PM
I had to hard reset today. So I restored my backup, deleted my partnership onmy pc, and tried to dock & renew the old partnership. No go - activesnc says the partnership name is already in use. I guess it's on my ppc, as without restoring the backup it works fine.
Can anyone tell me how to get around this problem please? I've had a look around my ppc & can't find the partnership name, so can't delete it at this end.
This is my first post by wifi, btw! Finally got it working, after a fashion! :-)

NewiPAQUser
09-23-2004, 03:40 PM
I had to hard reset today. So I restored my backup, deleted my partnership onmy pc, and tried to dock & renew the old partnership. No go - activesnc says the partnership name is already in use. I guess it's on my ppc, as without restoring the backup it works fine.
Can anyone tell me how to get around this problem please? I've had a look around my ppc & can't find the partnership name, so can't delete it at this end.
This is my first post by wifi, btw! Finally got it working, after a fashion! :-)

The easiest way I see is for you to change the PDA name. Click Start | Settings | System | About icon | Device ID | Device Name There you type a new name then plug and setup new partnership.

PS. If you like it in pictures (sreen shots) go to: from http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/sync/sync-8.htm to http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/sync/sync-10.htm

Cheers,
Ivan

Stephen Beesley
09-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Alternatively, if you want to keep using your original name, you can delete the old profile information. Pretty sure this has been discussed before in the forums you could probably find it with a search, or you can check HERE (http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=346) for a quick rundown on the process.

Ratel10mm
10-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks guys

I renamed my PPC, but of course now I have 2 document folders on the PC! I'm going to eradicate the first one & try renaming the new one & my PPC with the old name & see if that works.

Jeff Rutledge
10-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys

I renamed my PPC, but of course now I have 2 document folders on the PC! I'm going to eradicate the first one & try renaming the new one & my PPC with the old name & see if that works.

I'm not sure renaming the folder is the safest way to go. I would suggest that you copy the data from the old folder to the new, then delete the old. That would ensure your docs sync correctly.

Ratel10mm
10-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Thanks Jeff

Since all my data appears to be in the new folder (having created it after restoring my backup to my 5550), i was just going to check if anything I want has been left behind, then eradicate the old file. I figured that I may stuff things up by renaming the file & my PPC, but I'll be backed up anyway if the worst comes to the worst. It's just irritating to see multiples of my device name! Small thing, I know, but I like things how I like them! :mrgreen: Anyway, if I get round to it soon I'll post on the success - or lack of it. :wink: