View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset doesn't work after device sleep

ddesilva
09-23-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm having the issue witht he Bluetrek that others have had with other headsets...but strangely enough some people have had no issues using the Bluetrek.

Anyhow, headset works fine when initially paired...problem is when I leave the unit asleep for more than a min or two the Bluetrek doesn't connect to the IPAQ...even thought he Ipaq APPEARS (not totally sure on this one) to see the G2. I click the shortcut in the bluetooth manager and it just sits there trying to connect...and the G2 just blinks and beeps. A soft reset cures it every time.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance..

bapski
09-24-2004, 01:22 AM
i have the same problem though am using an HS 810. the headset icon remains active on the pda but apparently there is no active link.

randyzon
10-14-2004, 05:09 PM
The Jabra connection is also very unreliable. I should probably attribute this to an instability in the 6315 where it does not recognize the Jabra although the icon is there......no link is indicated by the reception bar.

I have to reset and re-pair the Jabra quite often. I haven't found a procedure where the 6315 can be turned off then the Jabra (putting the Jabra into the charger) or vice versa that will let the units communicate.

Talking with customers is a problem when I am on the road. I grab the Jabra only to find it doesn't connect then I have to pick up the 6315 and take my eyes off the road.

Another issue is alarms. If the Jabra is connected the alarm sounds go thru the Jabra rather than thru the speaker so I can't hear them.

Phlerb
10-16-2004, 03:46 PM
My HBH 300 has no problem remaining connected to my 6315.

Just my 2 cents.

Phil

Carlos
10-27-2004, 07:33 AM
This is a common issue with the 6315 and the PDA2k. There is no fix yet for either device. It's a bug in the BT software.

gregkeene
11-01-2004, 02:59 AM
I have seen this problem with the Jabra BT-200.

Today, I finished a review of the Plantronics M3000. I haven't seen the problem with this device over the last week. And even better, it really does a nice job of transferring calls back/forth with the h6315.

I'm sure I'll find headsets that work better with the h6315 in my upcoming reviews of Bluetooth headsets. But until then, this one's not too bad.

http://gregkeene.typepad.com/h6315/2004/10/plantronics_m30.html

Enjoy.

Greg