View Full Version : dual SIM...

GLiNTCH
09-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Is there a way top have dual SIM capability?
:idea:
I want my T-Mobile & AT&T Phones to marry inside HP iPAQ h6315 for example.

Any thoughts////

Jeff Rutledge
09-23-2004, 05:42 PM
I don't think that's possible.

But if you're just concerned with having to use one phone, why not just forward one number to the other. I'm not sure about your providers, but when I set up Call Forwarding on my mobile phone, the settings are set on the network so I don't need to keep the phone on once it's forwarded.

That way, you could forward one phone to the other, then take the SIM card from the main number and put it in the iPAQ.

maximus
09-24-2004, 01:50 AM
I once read at the howardchui forum, that in some countries, a SIM card can actually connect to 2 different providers with 2 different numbers. So the story is you purchased a plan from provider A, get the SIM package, bring the sim card to provider B, and ask them to (co-populate?) it. Hence you got 2 numbers on one SIM.

I dont know the accuracy of that statement, but it seem doable, seeing that all newer motorola phones have 2 lines capabilities (Line 1 and Line 2).

JustinGTP
09-24-2004, 04:45 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you need two numbers for one phone?

maximus
09-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you need two numbers for one phone?

So you dont have to carry two mobilephones.

I am assigned a number by a company that I worked for. I usually turn off this number when I go home. Then I have my own personal number, which is always on. During afterhours, I have my own privacy. Family can still call, but not officefolks. I dont want to switch SIM cards on daily basis.