View Full Version : mobipocket.com

j95pgt
09-23-2004, 04:32 AM
does anyone buy their books from here? Or is fictionwise better...

Ommadawn
09-23-2004, 04:46 AM
I do use Mobipocket reader for some books, but I buy all the books I can from Fictionwise. They tend to have the best discounts, free offers, and a huge range of books available in lots of formats, which I really like.

I also like only having to download (or re-download) all my ebooks from the one site. Fictionwise is da bomb! 0X

Jereboam
09-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Fictionwise is great, but there is still price logic at work here. I have found books elsewhere for half the price, but rarely I will admit. First stop is always FW.

J'bm

Ommadawn
09-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Fictionwise is great, but there is still price logic at work here. I have found books elsewhere for half the price, but rarely I will admit. First stop is always FW.

J'bm

Where can you find cheaper prices than FW, and why not speak up about them?

Jereboam
09-24-2004, 07:59 AM
I switch between ereader.com and FW, and a few times I have found the same book much cheaper over at ereader.com...

If I find any more I will post.

J'bm

keelinlee
09-24-2004, 10:28 AM
You will more or less find the same eBooks on the 2 websites, because Fictionwise uses the Mobipocket eBookBase distribution system.

You may find some medical eBooks on Mobipocket only (such as the Elsevier products, which are very good).

I prefer to get my eBooks at Mobi, I also have my software registered in my account.

Jay Hartman
09-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Even though we run a FW-branded ebookstore on our site, I still find that for some reason Powells.com will often drop prices on titles long before any other site does. For example, they had already discounted Patricia Cornwell's "Blow Fly" down to a paperback-range price, while FW still had it at it's original full price. I'd like to buy from my own store, but hey...sometimes the dollars speak!

Jay Hartman
Content Editor
KnowBetter.com: For Everything Ebook
http://www.knowbetter.com

disconnected
09-30-2004, 04:53 PM
I also use Powells sometimes, but the one thing I don't like is that you have to know what you're looking for; I don't see any way to sort by newest additions. I visit ereader and Fictionwise almost daily, and can easily see what's been added since I last looked.

I mostly avoid Mobipocket, except for books that I can't find anywhere else, because I find their DRM more annoying than that on the palm books.