View Full Version : your opinion please

poshdaphne
09-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Hello all,

I think I could use an IR keyboard. I can get a Belkin one on eBay. I don't know if they offer several models. The one I'm considering looks like it just folds once, in half. Does anyone have any experience with this one? I'm mainly wondering if it's comfortable. How rugged is it? Thanks in advance. :D

Sven Johannsen
09-22-2004, 11:52 PM
What are you going to use it with?

poshdaphne
09-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Axim x30. I was told that it can be used with the axim in landscape orientation, which is important to me for formatting lesson plan pages. I mostly just want to know if it's comfortable to type on or if I should be aware of any spikes that jam into your wrists and make you bleed all over the place, stuff like that...

maximus
09-23-2004, 01:39 AM
Axim x30. I was told that it can be used with the axim in landscape orientation, which is important to me for formatting lesson plan pages. I mostly just want to know if it's comfortable to type on or if I should be aware of any spikes that jam into your wrists and make you bleed all over the place, stuff like that...

Just make sure that you can align the ports. If you plan to use an X30 on landscape mode with the keyboard, make sure that you can bounce the IR back and forth between the vertical side of the X30 (top side on portrait mode = vertical side on landscape mode) and the top of the keyboard.

A friend of mine purchased this belkin IR keyboard (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=200588&pcount=&Product_Id=144042) sometimes ago, but he has problem aligning the IR ports between these 2 devices, hence connection were unstable.