View Full Version : Free Map software

kf4qhk
09-22-2004, 04:56 AM
Hey Guys,

Just got my pocket pc, got an Ipaq 5555, loving it. Help me. I am looking for map software. I think I am goig to get the full version of mapopolis for Christmas, but for now, I have downloaded the demo version. It's cool in that it allows me to travel from one place to another in the same city, but it won't let me go from one city to another.

I tHOUGHT i read somewhere about being able to get the 2002 edition of Microsoft Streets and Maps for free. I can't remember where I read that.

Where can I find national maps for it?

Jeremy

Sven Johannsen
09-22-2004, 05:12 AM
Free Pocket Streets was long ago. Sometimes it is currently referred to as 'free' because it comes bundled with Streets and Trips, and that is typically dirt cheap. < $25 if you look. If you can find somebody dumpng Streets and Trips 2002 - 2004, those would be decent deals.

National Maps for Pocket Streets? You can download select cities for MS, lots of them. Even with the full version though, doing a trip with Pocket Streets is kind of tough, because of the way in which you have to cut maps and the size limitations on them.

You'll like Mapopolis though.