View Full Version : Partnering with V710

fish1856
09-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Has anybody had any problems with this? I've heard Verizon turned off some features. I got a V600 to partner up with it (guy at work has one) worked out totally slick, I'm with verizon and want to know if its going to be a problem.

ziggy
09-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Try here

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=422229

ADBrown
09-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Has anybody had any problems with this? I've heard Verizon turned off some features. I got a V600 to partner up with it (guy at work has one) worked out totally slick, I'm with verizon and want to know if its going to be a problem.

The profiles that Verizon disabled are Object Push and Object Exchange, so no beaming of items, and no automatic dialing from the Contacts app. Internet access and headsets will work fine.

fish1856
09-22-2004, 06:18 PM
That totally defeats the whole point of why i want to get it.[/quote]

Janak Parekh
09-25-2004, 10:12 PM
That totally defeats the whole point of why i want to get it.
Unfortunately, there is no answer short-term. Verizon deliberately disabled those two to prevent end-runs around their picture messaging and Get It Now! services. :| The irony is that you can use a Transflash card to move the pictures, so it's a lame workaround, but that's how it stands right now. Rumor has it a future firmware update will restore those two profiles, but AFAIK this has not been confirmed.

I'm still debating getting it, though, because I'd like Bluetooth-enabled 1xRTT -- and there's not many other choices for that from Verizon.

--janak