View Full Version : 2004 Terrorism Survival Bundle Pocket PC Edition

Hedge
09-21-2004, 05:46 PM
2004 Terrorism Survival Bundle Pocket PC Edition

http://www.pdatopsoft.com/images/screenshots/img109546071451294800.gif

http://www.pdatopsoft.com/PocketPC/2004-Terrorism-Survival-Bundle-Pocket-PC-Edition

Don't be caught unprepared in the case of another terrorism attack.
If and when there is another terrorist attack, you need to know immediately what to do, no matter where you are or what you are doing.

Stephenson Strategies, a leading Homeland Security consulting firm, excerpted the best information from 100's of pages of print and online publications from the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, local and state governments, non-profit groups (including info from the UK, Japan, and Israel, where more experience with terrorism has made them experts on this issue), the Transportation Security Administration, travel columnists, and travel organizations.

The 2004 Terrorism Survival Bundle includes:

Terrorism Travel Planner - International:
Latest Information, including Disease Outbreaks, Latest News on Specific Countries, Warnings about Specific Countries, and Worldwide Warnings
In an Emergency, including Contact Via State Dept., Contact With Family, Valuables, Passports Issued Abroad, and Lost/Stolen Passports
Planning A Trip, including Booking A Trip, Cell Phones, Documents, State Dept. Info, Learning About Destinations, Medical, Money, Packing, Elders, Students, and Travel Insurance
Precautions, including Airport Screening, Awareness, Preparation, Blending In, Driving, Money & Valuables, Public Transportation, Suspicions, and Walking
Less Common Threats, including Children, Driving, Food, Kidnappings, Landmines, Missiles, Piracy, Soft Targets, and Vehicle Explosives
Special Needs, including Children, and Students
More Information, including Airline Toll-Free Numbers, Miscellaneous Information, News Bulletins, and U.S. Embassies & Consulates

Terrorism Travel Planner - USA:
Planning, including Planning a Trip, Before You Leave, What to Wear, and What Not to Wear
Packing, including Checked Bags, Prohibited Items, Firearm Requirements, Locks, and Carry-ons
Airport, including At the Airport, and Reducing Inspection Delays
Special Circumstances, including Children, Health Problems, Religious Concerns, Sports/Camping Equipment, and Summer Travel
Latest Developments, including RFID Test in Las Vegas, Halloween Costumes, Baggage Airline Guest Services, and TSA-approved Locks for Sale
Travel Information, including Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Complaints/Problems, Travel Resources, and 120 Airline Toll-Free Numbers

Terrorism Survival Plan Database:
Emergency Kit Creation, including checklists and instructions
Family Communication Plan, including checklists and instructions
Home Protection Plan, including checklists and instructions
Special Needs Plans, including plans for children, the disabled, and the elderly
Where to Learn More, including Email Alert Signups, Dept. of Homeland Security Info, FEMA Publications, and Other Publications
Whom to Call, including State Emergency Offices and FEMA Offices

Terrorism Survival Response Database:
Assessment & Response
Decision-Making
Types of Threats, including Biological Threats, Chemical Threats, Explosions, Radiation, and Nuclear Blasts
Special Needs Plans, including plans for children, the disabled, and the elderly
FBI Field Offices, each with City, Phone, Website, and Address
Red Cross Chapters, including all 50 States, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico
Organized in a subject hierarchy and in an index, so navigation on your handheld is fast and easy.

Darius Wey
09-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Wow. I never thought something like this would surface on to the Pocket PC platform. :?

Fishie
09-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Oh boy, breeding a culture of fear anyone?

Deus
09-21-2004, 06:49 PM
This type of information should be given to people not sold for profit.

"WOW that looks like a big splinter in your eye! Give me five bucks and I'll tell you how to get it out." :roll:

Fishie
09-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Fear sells, debilitates and allow others to control your actions.

Jason Dunn
09-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Post moved to the Announcements forum where it belongs...

rocky_raher
09-21-2004, 07:29 PM
This type of information should be given to people not sold for profit.

From their website:
...excerpted the best information from 100's of pages of print and online publications from the Dept. of Homeland Security, FEMA, local and state governments, non-profit groups (including info from the UK, Japan, and Israel, where more experience with terrorism has made them experts on this issue), the Transportation Security Administration, travel columnists, and travel organizations.

Apparently all of this info is available free, they just collected, organized, and packaged it.

I don't really criticize them for this, however. If I spent 3 or 4 hours at my PC, I could probably download a lot of this info for free. But, 3 hours of my free time is worth more to me than the purchase price of this package. There's also a chance that there are some useful tidbits here that I wouldn't uncover in those 3 or 4 hours.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not shilling for this company, which I first heard of 3 minutes ago. All I know about the info pack came from a quick skim of their site. My intent is to defend the concept of selling packaged information that otherwise is publicly available. Such an operation could be a ripoff or a genuine value. Two examples:

1. Suppose I offered, for $29.95, a package of "Tips and Hidden Secrets of the Pocket PC," and my product was simply an unedited download of a few PPCT forums, and contained nothing that most readers didn't already know. Ripoff.

2. Suppose someone offered a subscription to a compete, up-to-date schedule for every airline in the country. This info is available for free on each airline's website. Still, OAG (the Official Airline Guide people) is a thriving and respected firm. IIRC, it was once valued at more than many of the major airlines it describes.

Deus
09-21-2004, 07:37 PM
I understand you, I just get sick of everyone trying to make a quick buck on everything. Especially on content like this! Its nice when someone pops up and says "Hey! Heres a cool little app with some useful information." :?

mrkablooey
09-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Post moved to the Announcements forum where it belongs...

I was thinking more of HoF&S. :wink:

juni
09-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Ok, I can't resist saying it...."guide against evildoers" :rotfl:

Jereboam
09-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Town Compass does this all the time. They take freely distributed information and wrap it up in a propietary format, then charge for it.

It's a value call. If I need this information I will find it myself. If you need it you may not have the time and the inclination and might be prepared to pay for it.

I wonder about the copyright implications of this though. I find it slightly difficult to believe that they have received approval from ALL of the publications they mention in the blurb to reprint/redistribute.

They don't often hang around to actually contribute to these threads either. It seems PPCT is an advertising mechanism more than anything else.

I stand ready to be corrected/contradicted if they would care to discuss though. Perhaps I am being unfair.

J'bm