View Full Version : Incoming Calls on H6315 using Bluetooth Headset

juan_chiriboga
09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
.. the new Ipaq is awesome. However i continue to find little bugs that annoy the hell out of me.

Since last week, whenever an incoming call goes to my Bluetooth Headset - Sony Ericsson HBH-65- the caller cannot hear me. I can hear the caller just fine.
Solution -> No idea
Workaround -> I call them back, we can hear each other without a problem.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior?
thanks.

whydidnt
09-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry I can't provide any positive help on this. I just sent my 6315 back, since it seems the bluetooth implementation stinks. I chalk this up to another bluetooth annoyance with this device. You could try exchanging it, to see if the problem replicates itself on another device.

I had several issues where my bluetooth headset disconnected any time the 6315 went into standby. It seems HP didn't really think we'd be using this as a phone with bluetooth for some crazy reason, and the non-phone part of the device decides to save power and turn if off, rendering it useless with a headset. Silly me, thinking I'd rather answer with a small handsfree unit than putting a big brick up to my head to talk. (RANT now off - sorry about that).

Whydidnt

posiedon7
09-21-2004, 10:03 PM
I tried using a Motorola headset (HS810) and had similar results. now trying an older Sony Ericisson model to see if its any better. need to find a device that works. :cry:

juan_chiriboga
09-21-2004, 10:20 PM
I tried it with the HS 820 just now.... and had similar results to my HBH65.
I am gonna send the unit back to HP....

posiedon7
09-21-2004, 10:29 PM
If you uncheck the "turn off device" while on battery power in the Power settings, it works fine and does not stick. Have been using it holstered and no problems. you can toggle off and on with the power button.

Just need to find the right BT headset for clarity with the unit.. Still trying..

juan_chiriboga
09-22-2004, 05:17 AM
that would work... the problem with that workaround is that in my case i use email triggers... therefore if in the middle of the night, an email arrives... the Ipaq will turn itself on... and may stay on until it runs out of battery....

posiedon7
09-23-2004, 04:22 PM
both these units work, so far 2 days and no complaints, clarity is good and had no problems with interference, static, in-the-well sound, etc...

Will post any problems if they arise.

Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.... :mrgreen: