View Full Version : ActiveSync: "1 file non synch'd"

witness
09-21-2004, 12:52 AM
They are some weeks that, after synchronizing, in the "File" section AS reads "1 file not synchronized" and I don't know which is which...
Is there any way I can trace which is the file that AS cannot sync? Why does it happen, basically?
Thanks to all of you, guys, this is a precious forum...
Alex

drowe
09-21-2004, 02:05 AM
You are not alone, mine does the same thing every once in a while. I just tell it to sync and it does, but I can't for the life of me tell what is causing it to hang!!!!!!

Sparkomatic
09-21-2004, 03:05 AM
This just happened to me recently. I wish there was a way I could find out which file it was. One day, I went to sync and everything was fine. Don't know what I did or what ActiveStink did to fix it but now it's gone. Of course, tomorrow it's going to be back again knowing my luck. lol

Jason Dunn
09-21-2004, 07:10 AM
The only solution is to move all the files out, let it sync down to nothing, then move them back in a few at a time until you find the one that's causing the problems. Odds are though that it will sync up again with all files, no problems. Don't ask me why. ;-)

uzetaab
09-22-2004, 12:29 AM
That's funny, I get this problem too, but it asks me what I want to do & therefore I know what file it is. for me it's navman.log & it said that both the PC & PPC files had changed & didn't know which to keep.
I changed my settings in activesync & the problem went away, but that could cause more problems so I let it ask me.
to change settings:
Activesync>options>rules>desktop
mine was set to 'leave the item unresolved'
when I changed it, the problem went away. But I don't wanna lose data in another file, so I changed it back. haven't had the error yet either.