View Full Version : Is there a list of apps that work fine with e800 vga and SE?

zohaer21
09-15-2004, 05:29 AM
hi
is there a list of apps that work fine with e800 vga and SE...

zohaer21
09-20-2004, 04:12 PM
hi
is there a list of apps that work fine with e800 vga and SE...

again is htere a list of apps and games that work on w2kse and e800...
i for one have noticed that beta player sux on my e800 win2kse ...
and how do i perform a warm reset????
also where can i make my vga themes fo e800 VGA ..the ones on the net that are for vga dont run properly on my unit

yankeejeep
09-21-2004, 02:19 PM
There are active threads on both Brighthand and PocketPCTools that discuss apps that have either been updated for SE or already work well with SE. BetaPlayer is either currently working with an SE beta or has released the SE version. Again, check those sites for info as they have more active SE conversations underway.

victore
09-24-2004, 10:35 PM
If you are considering installing a app on your SE device, I would check with the developer's site to see if it's SE friendly. And even if it's not "blessed" to work with SE, there's still a good chance it will work. Of course, you're taking your PDA's life in your hands.

Janak Parekh
09-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Of course, you're taking your PDA's life in your hands.
What do you mean? Most apps will pixel-double right out of the box without any issues. I haven't tried too many games, but I'm assuming that in the worst case you'd have to soft-reset if the game crashes. Keeping a backup never hurts, but I don't know what it means to take the PDA's life into account. ;)

--janak

Janak Parekh
09-25-2004, 10:43 PM
and how do i perform a warm reset????
There's a hole on the right side of the e800. Stick your stylus in it. ;)

--janak

victore
09-27-2004, 01:12 AM
maybe i was being melodramatic, but I've have apps that weren't explictly designed for se cause my e800 to act erractically. i bought me pda to my "go to" device when I need information, be it a phone number, my next appointment, etc. i don't like it when bad apps cause me to doubt my device.