View Full Version : Bluetooth and SP2 driving me insane.

Dulanic
09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
I used to use my ipaq with bluetooth all the time, I have a belkin bluetooth adapter and always used their software. Now SP2 has it's own built in bluetooth support, but I cant get the crap to work. I can find my PC and ipaq on each other... but that's it. I cant get ANYTHING else to work. I cant activesync or anything else... the only service either of them show is some service called "P"... way to go microsoft. I have no idea what to do to get this whole thing working.

The best Ive got is if I go into Active Sync and go into connection settings... go into get connected... it will search for devices, and my PDA will give me a serial bluetooth connection screen asking me to accept or deny... i hit accept, and it just pops up again same screen, hit accept and it goes away and active sync never finds it.

Darius Wey
09-20-2004, 10:28 AM
The native SP2 drivers aren't exactly the most user-friendly of all things. Look at this guide for more details: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31068

Dulanic
09-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Have done all that, just like they have said, even did a system restore to yesterday to try again. No go, it will asl for me to accept or deny a serial connection twice on my PDA when I try to get active sync to find my PDA, but then it does nothing, never connects to it.

inteller
09-21-2004, 04:52 PM
oh, well I know what problem you are having there.

Steps to fix this:

delete any pairings you currently have.

initiate the pairing from the PC. Complete the pairing procedure. Note the COM port numbers it assigns.

In activesync, set the available connections to the INCOMING COM port.

Then on the PPC create an Activesync via BT using the BT manager. select the paired PC. Complete the steps and then it should work.

rmac
09-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Unfortunately, most Belkin USB devices (and I have 3 versions) are not supported by SP2. I was hoping with SP2 I would get HID support (mice and keyboards).

What I did was to go to the following website:

http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/index.html

and downloaded the drivers from Dell. After this I had to add the Belkin products to the inf file. The Belkin devices now work great. The new drivers added many new features such as HID support. The original Belkin drivers did not support HID.

However, you may notice on the website that he had to take out the links to the drivers and the forums are now down. I don't understand why manufactures don't update their own Bluetooth drivers.

Darius Wey
09-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately, most Belkin USB devices (and I have 3 versions) are not supported by SP2. I was hoping with SP2 I would get HID support (mice and keyboards).

Oh? Which Belkin devices do you have?

I have two Belkin Bluetooth adapters and they have worked fine in SP2 from Day 1.

rmac
09-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have said most. My Belkin devices have Pid_0082 and Pid_0083. In the Windows XP SP2 bth.inf file only Pid_0081 and Pid_0084 are listed. When I try to install them I get "device not found".

One of my device is version 1 of the 100m device. The original Belkin driver for this device does not support HID devices. Is there a less complicated solution?

Darius Wey
09-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Do your devices have a model number printed on the device itself?

I have F8T001 Version 2 (100m) and F8T003 Version 2 (10m) and both work fine.

If you could let me know these model numbers, I could look into why XP SP2 doesn't natively support it.

rmac
09-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Two of the Bluetooth adapters are F8T001 ver 1 and F8T003 ver 1. It would be great if you could see why they are not supported.

Darius Wey
09-27-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm not 100% sure although it seems as though Version 1 of these products have native compatibility issues with SP2.

However, there is a quick fix.

Download the latest drivers specific to the F8T001 and F8T003 drivers, and extract them into any folder. There should now be another file called: "data1.cab". Extract this archive into another folder.

The next step is to copy all the INF files extracted from this CAB archive into C:\WINDOWS\inf and all DLL and SYS files extracted from this CAB archive into C:\WINDOWS\system32 and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers respectively.

Once this is done, try to install the drivers for the unknown Bluetooth device via Device Manager.

Abras
09-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I can help you!

I was insane just like you.

Itīs simple, install the widcomm 1.3.2.7 drivers
http://home.comcast.net/~spam-target/downloads.html

Then after you install, go to device manager, and in Bluetooth Radios, there is 2. One generic, and another(with a big name).

Click on this other one, and click update driver, ask for choosing the driver. There will be 2, one is the SP2, the other is the old one, that works.

After you do that, you can use the bluetooth normaly, like the old days.

:wink:

Underwater Mike
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
The most useful post I've seen in a month! Thanks! :beer:

I can help you!

I was insane just like you.

Itīs simple, install the widcomm 1.3.2.7 drivers
http://home.comcast.net/~spam-target/downloads.html

Then after you install, go to device manager, and in Bluetooth Radios, there is 2. One generic, and another(with a big name).

Click on this other one, and click update driver, ask for choosing the driver. There will be 2, one is the SP2, the other is the old one, that works.

After you do that, you can use the bluetooth normaly, like the old days.

:wink: