View Full Version : Which two of these games should I get?

Sydney Bristow
09-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Hello, I'm having some difficulties choosing which two games I should get. My current choices are:

One from these:
-Fade
-Gilbert Goodmate
-EverQuest

...and another one from these:
-Age of Empires
-Warfare Incorporated

Thank you in advance! ^_^

Raynne
09-18-2004, 07:50 PM
I would probably say either Fade or Gilbert Goodmate from the first group, as the playtime is longer for each of these than the playtime for Everquest. I really liked them both. If you want a serious game, go with Fade. If you want a game that will make you laugh, go with Gilbert Goodmate.

For the other group, I would say Age of Empires. The good thing about Age of Empires is that you can use the user created campaigns/scenarios from the original PC game on your PPC.

jonathanchoo
09-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Gilbert Goodmate!! Funny and witty just like Monkey Island. I don't play the other two since I am not a fan of both RPG and Myst style games.

Between AOE and Warfare that is a difficult choice. Some people might not be willing to pay for a stripped down version of AOE that they can play on their desktop while Warfare is an original game - not a port. But if replay value is important get AOE.

Sydney Bristow
09-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Thank you very much for the advices, I really appreciate them! ^__^

I suppoes I'll go with Gilbert Goodmate and Age of the Empires. :)

j95pgt
09-18-2004, 09:18 PM
I would recomend downloading the demos. I have fade and I dont really like it. I cant even figure out the first puzzle. I am not to smart though. ha ha. I find it really hard to figure out what you can interact with and what you cant so I just start clicking on everything on the screen. Then they give you way to many options for the objects trying to be funny like urinate on the coat rack or something. It was funny at first but then it started to get annoying because some of the "funny" choices could possibly be used in the puzzle. Also the pics are so small it is hard to figure out what you are looking at. It sounds like I am bashing the game but im not. I know there are alot of people who enjoy it and I think it is one ofthe better quality games out there. I have heard good things about gilbert too. As for everquest I hear that it is really linear and if you go off trying to raise levels by killing mosters you wont have anything to kill later in the game. Warfare inc is great but it gets a little redundant. It is a blast though. I havent tried out aoe yet.