View Full Version : The ultimate computer on sale on Ebay

09-17-2004, 10:19 PM
A little off topic for this site, I know, but I am selling my computer, and I thought someone here might be interested.

Abit AV8 Via K8T800 Pro Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA

AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 Processor Socket 939

Thermal Take Xaser III Case (7 fans)

Thermal Take 480W Power supply

(2) Corsair TWINX1024-4000PRO 1GB Kit DDR500 XMS4000 Dual-Channel Properties Memory w/Heat Spreader (2GB RAM)

HighPoint RocketRAID 1540 4-Channel Serial ATA RAID Host Controller

(4) 250GB SATA Western Digital Hard Drives (7200 rpm) Raid 0

(2) 74GB SATA Western Digital RAPTOR (10K rpm) Drives Raid 0

(1) Plextor PX-712-a 12X+/- R/RW DVD Burner

(1) Toshiba 16X DVD Rom Drive

10 in 1 USB 2.0 Card Reader in one 3.5" slot

1 3.5" Floppy Drive

Creative Labs Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro Sound Card

Gainward FX PowerPack! Ultra/980 Professional GeForce FX5700 AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card w/VIVO, DVI-DVI

(2) Dell 2001FP Flat Panel Digital Monitors (1600x1200 resolution)

Logitech diNovo Media Desktop (bluetooth)

Bose Companion 3 multimedia speaker system

Linksys 802.11G Wireless PCI card

All of the internal cables are the low profile rounded type, so that the heat buildup typical with ribbon cables could be eliminated. All of the Hard Drives are SATA, ensuring high speed transfers. The system comes shipped with the (4) 250GB drives Configured in a RAID 0 format (1) 1 Terabyte Drive, and the (2) 74GB "Raptors" also configured into a Raid 0 single drive. I have pre-installed Windows XP professional, and all drivers are installed and included. The system will be shipped in four separate boxes, (each monitor shipped in original box, system shipped in the original case packaging, and the speakers shipped in original box and packaging). Buyer to pay $100.00 flat fee for shipping (includes insurance). If the buyer wishes to ship overnight, and pay the difference, I don't have a problem. If the shipping is less I will refund the difference via paypal. If the buyer has a shipping account and would like to use that, no problem. Items will be shipped as new, with all of my orignal receipts included, so that you may utilize all warranty offers from each company.

I paid just over $5200.00 for everything. I have set my reserve to $4500. If you add up the retail value for everything, I think you will realize that I got an incredible bargain, and $4500 is a very good deal for a system that will make all your friends drool. I will accept only PAYPAL or money orders or cashiers checks. Buyer must be in the United States, and be verified to use paypal. I will only ship to CONFIRMED paypal addresses. Let me know if you have any questions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5124249803&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

David Prahl
09-19-2004, 05:38 AM
That's one insane system!!!
:drool:

Kowalski
09-19-2004, 09:28 AM
i am just wondering: why did you build a system like this? what we you planning to do? and what does this system do, our standart systems cant?

Darius Wey
09-19-2004, 09:34 AM
i am just wondering: why did you build a system like this? what we you planning to do? and what does this system do, our standart systems cant?

It's good for gaming, good as a storage server, good for video and audio editing...the possibilities are endless!

Despite it's beastiness, you will find that this system is not unique. I have a system similar to this configuration, as do many of my friends. It just allows you to do so much more!

Kowalski
09-21-2004, 02:13 PM
do you need all these posibilities?

Darius Wey
09-21-2004, 02:24 PM
do you need all these posibilities?

Funnily enough...the answer is "yes". I do exactly all that on my desktop. :D

JustinGTP
09-23-2004, 01:19 AM
W?BIC!

Kowalski
09-23-2004, 09:22 AM
think about this: all the hardware you have, i mean top notch hardware, you have to update the drivers more frequently and the you have to spend much more time than i do just to keep your computer running
thats why i am using just a standart computer