View Full Version : Best game?

j95pgt
09-17-2004, 12:27 PM
What is everyones top 5 favorite games for ppc? Put them in order. I have a ton of the games for ppc but havent had much time to play them all yet but my fav so far are

1. Tradewinds
2. Warlords II
3. Legacy
4. Warfare INC.
5. Insaniquarium

I havent gotten a chance to play age of empires yet because I have been playing warfare inc. Also I just got shadowgate and buglord which look promising. Snails and warring nations are good too. They are a tie for #5. I wish there was a good RPG that wasnt first person because legacy is really difficult to navigate because of this. It may be because I dont play that type of game much.

piperpilot
09-17-2004, 12:57 PM
I wish there was a good RPG that wasnt first person because legacy is really difficult to navigate because of this.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this point. I have never really gotten into playing Legacy because I lose track of where I am in relation to where I've been and the site map doesn't help at all. It's a shame because I really like RPGs and Legacy has gotten great reviews. I liked the Everquest games because it was played looking over the character instead of being the character.

Shuushin
09-17-2004, 01:21 PM
I keep coming back to solitare for some reason...

But I do like Sky Force; well done providing a nice bit of mindless destruction. Tomb Raider is also excellent, but I'm stuck on one level (the one with the dinos and the bridge).

So:

Solitare
Skyforce
Tomb Raider
unnnamed
unnnamed

ChrisB
09-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Also I just got shadowgate and buglord which look promising. Snails and warring nations are good too. They are a tie for #5. I wish there was a good RPG that wasnt first person because legacy is really difficult to navigate because of this. It may be because I dont play that type of game much.

Watch out for BugLord. It had huge problems when it was released (hard resets and the like). I don't know if they ever fixed the issues so make sure your PPC is backed up before installing/playing.

As for a non 1st person RPG, there's always NetHack. Best of all, it's free!

http://www.nethack.org/v343/ports/download-wince.html

Some of my faves:

Atomic Cannon Pocket
NetHack
Tower Mogul
Space Treker 3.0
Space Trader
Pocket Gnu GO.

Brad Adrian
09-17-2004, 06:46 PM
As you may know, I have absolutely no eye-hand coordination, so I opt for the strategy-based or "brain games."

Trivial Pursuit -- a must for any trivia buff
Gin Rummy
Any PDAMill games -- terrific graphics and sounds
Scrabble
Mobile Crossword

j95pgt
09-18-2004, 09:21 PM
I tried that bug lord and it works fine so far. It looks like it could be one of the best RTS games out there but there is no ingame save. Also I cant even beat the second level! The difficulty is way too high. I am begining to think that the second level is unbeatable.