View Full Version : Just a little advice/assurance

delfuhd
09-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Well I was claning my iPAQ's screen so I can put another screen protector on it, and I got a little Windex right under the top layer of the LCD display... eek! Well I know that it won't do any damage but I was just looking for some advice or assurance about taking care of it. I have it sitting with a fan blowing air into it (It's pretty humid where I am right now but I think the fan is the best bet), so I'm just goin gto leave it there, and it will dry up the Windex right?

delfuhd
09-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Bad news... The touch screen doesnt work, well it works its just the windex is pressing down on the screen in one particular point and i cant make anything else work :( Should I jsut leave it and hope for the best? :cry:

PetiteFlower
09-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Lesson--never spray windex on your PPC screen!!!

I'd just try to let it dry and hope for the best. Try to get at it with a paper towel or try putting it near a fan for a while.

delfuhd
09-16-2004, 09:38 PM
I know this has happened to other people, what do you think is the best amount of time to leave it next to my fan? (I have two going on it now)
12 hours? I guess ill just wait til tomorrow morning

hamishmacdonald
09-16-2004, 11:20 PM
I once had water under the crystal of a watch, and put it in a bag with one of those little "Do Not Eat" sachets of silicate -- the kind you get stuffed in with equipment sometimes to keep it dry.

Actually, come to think of it, I didn't have one of those, so I put it in a bag with some salt in a Kleenex instead. Sure enough, the salt leached the moisture out of the watch.

(Insert obligatory warning about now getting salt AND Windex in your Pocket PC.)

OSUKid7
09-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Ouch. Better hope it didn't leak behind the LCD too much. Best of luck, but it may be time to invest in a new Pocket PC. (And I thought I was the only one still using a 3800 series. ;))

delfuhd
09-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Ouch. Better hope it didn't leak behind the LCD too much. Best of luck, but it may be time to invest in a new Pocket PC. (And I thought I was the only one still using a 3800 series. ;))

Actually it's my 2215 thats having this problem (Look at the last part of my signature...)

Well it looks like the area has gotten smaller, so I'll just keep it where it was overnight and see how it is in the morning (fingers crossed)

OSUKid7
09-17-2004, 02:01 AM

Actually it's my 2215 thats having this problem (Look at the last part of my signature...)Ah, so I really am the only one using a 3800! :lol:

Good luck with the 2215 in that case.

JPD6825
09-17-2004, 05:32 AM
My bet is: you're going to be OK. My guess is Windex is one of the least troublesome things to spill on your PPC -- probably pretty low residue after it evaporates -- I think one of the biggest issues. Just be patient. I'll guess there are many many folks who have had soft drinks, coffee etc. spilled on theirs and lived to tell of it - at least if the penetration is not terrible. Next time, try spraying a tiny bit of Windex on a lens cloth and wiping the screen.