View Full Version : Looking for very simple checkbook register software

Jaie
09-15-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm looking for a very simple, stand-alone checkbook register for the Pocket PC. And when I say simple, I mean simple. The data entry, at least, has to be simple and quick or I just won't use it, which (obviously) negates the purpose.

How simple? Well, I've got a lovely Excel spreadsheet checkbook register on my desktop where I just type in date, who to and how much. (Most of my transactions are using my debit card, so not even a check number.) Takes about a minute.

But on the ppc, because of screen size, it's just not quite as smooth - and that little bit of difference is enough to make me not enter the transaction data in the store/on the spot, which is the point of the whole thing. Yes, apparently I am that lazy. :oops:

I don't need to be able to sync with my online banking account (their day-to-day statement is never accurate, which is why I need to keep this register in the first place), I don't need any kind of bill paying features, or any budgeting capabilities. I just need to be able to keep a running balance for my checking account.

I used MS Money at one time, and didn't like it very much. I liked the look of Quicken; if it were stand-alone, I'd already be running it.

Any ideas? My bank will thank you. (Actually, they probably won't because I imagine they rather like charging those not-so-little overdrawn fees.)

SHC
09-15-2004, 08:05 PM
PocketInformant have released WebIs Money for $5, I got it for free as a PI user but $5 doesnt seem much to pay. I had a quick play with it and it seems quite a useful application. Its version 1 so doesnt include any abilities to sync yet. Have a look on their web site http://www.pocketinformant.com/p_money.php?tab=4

Jereboam
09-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Money 2.0 is not that far off and will be significantly enhanced. I use Spb Finance at the moment and it is excellent, but I prefer the GUI of Money, so am waiting for version 2.0 with anticipation.

I would say Money probably suits your needs at the moment.

J'bm