View Full Version : Good Snes emulator?

j95pgt
09-10-2004, 07:48 PM
I am running pocketsnes but it is just a little delayed. I wouldnt say sluggish but you hit a button and it happens a little delayed. Any good snes emulators out there?

dean_shan
09-10-2004, 07:55 PM
I have yet to find a SNES emulator for PPC that runs at full speed. I have found however good working NES, Gameboy, and GameGear emulators for PocketPC.

the-mang
09-10-2004, 07:58 PM
I use morphgear and it is very fast and stable. Although I have an Asus, so it will naturally run better on that device...I would try it out though.

http://www.morphegear.com/

marilynjo
09-10-2004, 08:14 PM
I use Morphgear also on my iPAQ 3955 overclocked to 495mhz. It runs very well with the SNES as well as the NES.

j95pgt
09-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Ill try out that morphgear.

j95pgt
09-10-2004, 09:45 PM
well I tried out the morphgear and it runs great. Now my only problem is the control pad on the ppc. It is way to hard to control. I guess I can live with it since I dont play that many games in the first place and the ones I do play are mainly rpgs but it would be nice if it worked better. oh well. good program though.

gregmills
09-10-2004, 09:49 PM
MorphGear gave me all kinds of trouble but PocketSNES works fine and I have practically the same device that you do.

You do need to keep some memory open for it to run. I install all my programs to Flash ROM or a storage card to keep the RAM free. Make sure you really close any other processor intensive programs that you may have running the background. Then, play with the settings in PocketSNES until it runs right.

j95pgt
09-10-2004, 10:49 PM
are you able to play games that rely alot on the pad? Mine just seems maybe too sensitive or something. also I cant seem to get sound on either of the emulators. I get sound on my other programs but not the emulators. I was using the morph emulator and I got sound but then it quit when I tried another game and I cant seem to get it to come back. any thoughts?

gregmills
09-11-2004, 02:21 PM
are you able to play games that rely alot on the pad?

I play'em but sometimes the pad is a problem.