View Full Version : Problem syncing Inbox

chrisgeller
09-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi there

I've just had my PPC run out of power, and I'm slowing putting it all back together again.

One of the most annoying problems I'm facing is that I just can't get Inbox to sync properly.

I have 66 items in my Outlook inbox, but only 9 on my PPC (and most of these are repeats of the same email).

I've no idea what I'm doing wrong! Please help.

yankeejeep
09-10-2004, 03:27 PM
If all other Outlook items are syncing correctly, I would go to desktop ActiveSync and check the inbox sync settings. Select Tools...Options, highlight Inbox on the Sync Options tab then click Settings. Make sure that the sync settings as far as number of days to copy is set to your desired time frame and that any inbox subfolders you want syncing are checked.

If that doesn't correct it, I would delete the old partnership on desktop ActiveSync, change the device name, cradle the device, and allow a new partnership to be set up. I would not delete the '(old device name) My Documents' folder (on your desktop) until I had verified that the '(new device name) My Documents' folder contained the files I want to kept synced.

jimski
09-10-2004, 08:22 PM
If everything else is working and syncing properly and you only sync your e-mail a select number days (mine is set to 10 days), you can try changing your mail options to sync fewer days or just disable e-mail sync for a few days and then eventually re-activate it, starting with sync e-mail 1 day, then 2 days, etc.

I get e-mail sync errors about every two weeks and this method has worked well for me. It's usually a problem with one or more attachements, but sometimes it simply unexplained. This probably represents about 80% of my ActiveSync woes, but I have learned to live with it. I have tried the delete/create partnership routine, but always wind up messing up my files sync, causing lost data.

Just be careful on the desktop side as Outlook has a tendancy to move unsynced messages to the Deleted folder when you change your PPC e-mail sync options. I usually check that folder and need to move messages back into their respective folders, like; read, sent, etc., before allowing Outlook to automatically purge my Deleted folder.