View Full Version : Handango

Zither
09-10-2004, 03:36 AM
Hi

I recently purchased a ppc game from Handango using their HWallet, and somehow they managed to charge my credit card twice although it only shows one transaction in the HWallet account.

I've sent emails, filled in their "Customer Support" forms and not received any response from them in almost a month.

This is very poor service from a site such as this. I've purchased from them in the past and it's the first time I used their HWallet. I shan't be buying from them ever again :evil: !!

Z

tanalasta
09-10-2004, 07:14 AM
Did you press submit twice?

And has Handango actually sent you two confirmation receipts/emails or just the one.

The other question is whether your c/c has actually authorised both payments.

If you've only had one confirmation email from Handango, there's a good chance the bank will credit the "mistake" as it was accidently put through twice, but only one payment will be authorised.. But to be safe, just give your c/c company a call and they ought to be able to reverse the duplicated charge to give you piece of mind. It's certainly easier than waiting for Handango to reply.

Zither
09-10-2004, 09:07 AM
No, I pressed once. However the first time the page timed out which is what I suspect did it with it charging my credit card without writing to the Hwallet dB. Very poor transaction handling.

Yes, there are 2 charges on my credit card for the same date/amount.

What really frustrates me is the total lack of response from Handango...

mrkablooey
09-10-2004, 11:06 AM
call the number on the back of your card and dispute it. they'll get it taken care of in short order.