View Full Version : Help Wanted: I need to transfer data from Palmdesktop to Outlook...

scarletknight
09-10-2004, 12:36 AM
What's the name of the program that will allow me to transfer my data from my palm desktop to outlook. My clie appeared to be a factor defect. It stopped working altogether. Now, all my important info is stuck on my palm desktop. For now, I want to make the jump from palm to pocket pc 2003 - at least until the new palm os (cobalt) comes and it turns out to trump windows 2003. However, all my information is stuck on my palm desktop with no means of transfering them to outlook. I tried to import/export. That did not work.

Steven Cedrone
09-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Not sure without the Palm working. Did you try PocketMirror? (I think we mentioned that in the other thread you started)

Steve

freitasm
09-10-2004, 01:32 AM
Nope... He's talking about PocketCopy (http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1204&productId=125307) from Chapura. PocketMirror will only work during HotSync...

ipaq_wannabe
10-26-2004, 08:54 AM
i wonder why Import/Export wouldnt work...

try exporting to a CSV file on the Palm Desktop, then import it in Outlook

i did it once, and found no problems with it...

except for the tedious work of mapping between fields...

jonathanchoo
11-26-2004, 11:05 AM
There is a way if the normal import/export via CSV does not work. You can export your PD files (*.ABA) to a format Yahoo! Address can read. Once loaded to Yahoo! you can export it to a format that Outlook can read.